• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew the last drop was going to be a more quiet one because of how low key the pieces look in photos (the Éide seems like just regular cords, the Bangs shirt a plain button up, etc). But when you get your hands on them you’ll see how beautiful the fits, cloth and details really are. This might be the first drop that I would run all of top to bottom.

So more Eides in the future? Love the pattern.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...incredible sandwich spot in Burlington called the Kountry Kart Deli. They have a famous breakfast sandwich called a Shiner...

The Shiner is one of the finest breakfast sandwiches ever created!! I get up to Burlington a couple of times a year for work. Ive never missed an opportunity to eat there. It’s been far too long!

Mike & Patty’s in Boston also quite good.

Next time I get up there I’ll wear my brown Eide cords in your honor when I can finally travel again ?.

cattitude

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the ripstop sky blue Pionta. Perfect for S/S activities and goes with everything... sizing in L is spot on with previous Pionta shirts...

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s an undyed (raw) fabric, so it’s not a uniform color. This is a big part of what makes it great. The other is the leg opening. That extra deep hem seam is meant to be rolled once for a good cuff.

When I think about tapering this pant the first thing that comes to mind is taking my wife to this incredible sandwich spot in Burlington called the Kountry Kart Deli. They have a famous breakfast sandwich called a Shiner that has a McDonald’s style deep fried hash brown patty on it. It’s a lot but people come from all over for it. When I brought my wife there she ordered it without the hashbrown and missed the entire point of what made it special.

The flecks were also surprise to me, seeing them in another person's post helped me understand it was intentional. Thanks for explaining the deep hem seam, I was confused. Will give them a shot as is, I just needed some encouragement (I'm a fan of well done hash browns, after all).

jaaz16

Reaction score
I really liked visiting Burlington when we lived in that part of the country--in fact, we did a little baby-moon weekend trip there right before our first was born.

To connect this to an earlier conversation, the recent gorp-y/skate drops really remind me of that area. And I'm a total sucker for clothes/music/movies/art that have a strong sense of place.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don’t sleep on the ripstop sky blue Pionta. Perfect for S/S activities and goes with everything... sizing in L is spot on with previous Pionta shirts...

This one and the navy/green/orange plaid ones were the last to be cut from the original pionta pattern which doesn’t really fit like a camp shirt but really more like a run of the mill, TTS sport shirt you would find at a bigger retailer. The pattern has since changed to be more in line with how camp shirts were traditionally cut (fuller and a bit cropped).

I really liked visiting Burlington when we lived in that part of the country--in fact, we did a little baby-moon weekend trip there right before our first was born.

To connect this to an earlier conversation, the recent gorp-y/skate drops really remind me of that area. And I'm a total sucker for clothes/music/movies/art that have a strong sense of place.

Anyone that has logged any serious time in Burlington would be able to recognize it in the brand’s DNA since the very first drop. Growing up there I saw people mixing clothing made with fabrics from India and Nepal (bought from places like Peace and Justice and Tradewinds) with super technical pieces they got at the outdoor gear exchange. Throw in the B-Side and my dad’s closet full of Borrelli, Armani, Brooks Brothers and Timberland and you have 18 East.

Samer

Reaction score
100p 18e (& 3sixteen)
246A399D-151D-4AA5-BFB9-7EE527779899.jpeg

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone that has logged any serious time in Burlington would be able to recognize it in the brand’s DNA since the very first drop. Growing up there I saw people mixing clothing made with fabrics from India and Nepal (bought from places like Peace and Justice and Tradewinds) with super technical pieces they got at the outdoor gear exchange. Throw in the B-Side and my dad’s closet full of Borrelli, Armani, Brooks Brothers and Timberland and you have 18 East.

Can confirm this is true, as a BTV resident from 93-2013. Would also add the other world clothing spot on Church St, I think it was Kit Cornell or something related to that shop, can't remember name for sure. And I'd add some of the Japanese streetwear vibes, which would also show up around town. It's actually pretty wild to me that this brand exists, as it almost perfectly captures my specific experience and time spent in VT haha.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can confirm this is true, as a BTV resident from 93-2013. Would also add the other world clothing spot on Church St, I think it was Kit Cornell or something related to that shop, can't remember name for sure. And I'd add some of the Japanese streetwear vibes, which would also show up around town. It's actually pretty wild to me that this brand exists, as it almost perfectly captures my specific experience and time spent in VT haha.

April Cornell? There was really a lot of it around town in the 90s. Do you remember the name of the streetwear store to the right of the flynn theater (if you’re looking at it) that sold kikwear and stuff like that? This has been driving me crazy. ALSO, the hippie store further down toward the waterfront kind of by the ski rack that had all the black light stuff?? This is what I think about these days...

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't remember the name of the streetwear store, I think it's the bern gallery now, can't really remember what it was before then. I know the spot tho.

Northern Lights is that head shop I think, total hole in the wall.

also would add The Hempest to the list of forgotten BTV influential clothing spots. if I recall they had a ton of Manastash stuff, funny/fitting that the circle is unbroken and this stuff is popular again across the board.

0zz

Reaction score
All this kkd talk is reminding me how sad I am about ali baba's burning down, losing baba's and pearl street bev within months of each other was a tragedy.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would move back to Burlington in 2 seconds if my wife was open to it.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk of Burlington makes me want to visit Vermont. New Mexico and Portland Maine were at the top of my list but I can combine Vermont with Maine.

Sense has the DMX trail shadow approach but not in my size 11:

Sizes 8 and under are listed under women's

Those MFs! I’ve been checking thier Reebok page religiously for a while, and I haven’t checked in a week and now my size is sold out! I even emailed CS asking when they would be in too...

Edit: They appear to be geo-locked in Canada, even though Ssense is based in Montreal :censored:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads