• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've said this before, but I would encourage people to put more weight into our sizing recommendations on the product page than measurements as they can be deceiving due to how patterns are cut, tolerance from garment to garment, etc. I've gone back and forth about whether to include them at all tbh as I think they often do more harm than good.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I've said this before, but I would encourage people to put more weight into our sizing recommendations on the product page than measurements as they can be deceiving due to how patterns are cut, tolerance from garment to garment, etc. I've gone back and forth about whether to include them at all tbh as I think they often do more harm than good.

Yeah, that's what I did this time. L has been my consistent 18 East size so I went for it despite the measurements giving me pause. Hopefully it works out!

danneskjold

Reaction score
Yeah, I look at it on the model, I eyeball how that scales to my body, and I go for it. It's not exactly rocket science and there's very little downside to getting it wrong buying new.

Then again I'm not super picky about fit, maybe less than I should be. Some of my favorite pieces were a funky fit at first and we've grown into each other over time.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got the new version of the undyed double-knees. maybe it's just me, but they are not much different than the last version! haha. they are fantastic though. super psyched I was able to grab these, have the old green and blacks, now have full trifecta. top rankin.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica we struggle with this as a retailer as well. glad to see you feel the same.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
just got the new version of the undyed double-knees. maybe it's just me, but they are not much different than the last version! haha. they are fantastic though. super psyched I was able to grab these, have the old green and blacks, now have full trifecta. top rankin.
Can you expand on this? The new doesn't stretch at all right?

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koston Green Goreckis today

9BCFAC4E-49B0-4DE2-BD17-E6CC8FEA088F.jpeg

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

That’s right, just tweaked to solve certain unforeseen issues from the first batch. Non stretch and slightly heavier fabric with a heavier prewash so that the out the box fit is closer to what we intended.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
@NickPollica we struggle with this as a retailer as well. glad to see you feel the same.

The way places like Blue Owl, Self Edge, Standard & Strange, No Man Walks Alone, etc. have detailed actual garment measurements along with photo referenced guides to how exactly they measure is really useful to me. But I'm sure it would be a lot more work so I sympathize. They also probably cater to a higher-end/more obsessive clientele that likely knows more than most about what measurements they like/need.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I looked at a measurement chart. I guess when I was buying a second hand suit on this site in 2011?? I just get XL in everything that isn’t Japanese and XXL if it is.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
I genuinely cannot remember the last time I looked at a measurement chart. I guess when I was buying a second hand suit on this site in 2011?? I just get XL in everything that isn’t Japanese and XXL if it is.
Wish I could do this. I'm short as hell though so I'm always conscious especially about pants gotta look at like leg opening knee measurements and stuff cause when I'm done hemming them they look like totally different pants ?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waists on the new pants seem really small compared to previous pants offerings. Are they really that much slimmer in the waist?

XLs in the past seem to be 36"+ and these are 34"? Makes me a bit worried about ordering.

briancly

Reaction score

Honestly exactly what I do. TTS for most stuff, up one size for Japanese. If in doubt, size one up.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking I'm not the only one...other folks still waiting for their double knees to change status from "label created"?

I ordered one pair online and for the other I called the store. My store pair arrived today (in Toronto) but the online order is also "label created."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads