• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

funkygroove

Reaction score
Roomet XL is strictly a layering item for me because of the sleeve length. Still love it though.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've reached my destination, my car is parked and turned off. Perfect time for a selfie!
SI collaboration thermal snapmock neck in brick (or whatever the color was called), Inis Meáin collaboration beanie.

IMG_3872.jpg

x64

Reaction score
there's something really funky going on with the roomet pattern for sure, based on the measurements alone it should fit great but it somehow seems super short, both in the sleeves and the body. doesn't really feel super roomy to me in the shoulders either, maybe that's because the sleeves are too short though? really disappointed the fit is so bad on me, the fabric is great

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I personally love how it fits, but it is a specific silhouette (as opposed to a more “normal” fitting shirt like the field shirt).

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Just picked up an SI thermal and I love it but it's really long. Do people hem these, tuck them in, or just go with it?

dum_surfer

Reaction score
I just ordered the double knees in M (last left) even though I'm like a 29/30 waist. Fingers crossed I can make it work w/ a belt.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an SI thermal and I love it but it's really long. Do people hem these, tuck them in, or just go with it?
Did you size down? Yeah, they’re fairly long, even if you size down. The first one picked up I went TTS and ended up taking about two inches off it after cooking it in the dryer. The second one I have, I sized down and it’s good to go.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Did you size down? Yeah, they’re fairly long, even if you size down. The first one picked up I went TTS and ended up taking about two inches off it after cooking it in the dryer. The second one I have, I sized down and it’s good to go.

Yeah, I did size down but it's still quite long on my 5'9" frame. I'll blast it in the dryer because 2" would help a lot. Did it shrink much in the other dimension?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did size down but it's still quite long on my 5'9" frame. I'll blast it in the dryer because 2" would help a lot. Did it shrink much in the other dimension?
Honestly, they're so beefy that while the dryer does shrink them a little, they stretch out again once you wear them for a bit IME. It's a pretty easy hem job though if need be.

ChapelPerilous

Reaction score
the census of this forum seems to be anti-dryer so do with this information as you wish.. but as someone who's collected vintage tees for years, I've found the secret to shrinking inches off length is to soak the garment in boiling water for 10ish minutes then tumble-dry. bash away ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

robat19

Reaction score
the census of this forum seems to be anti-dryer so do with this information as you wish.. but as someone who's collected vintage tees for years, I've found the secret to shrinking inches off length is to soak the garment in boiling water for 10ish minutes then tumble-dry. bash away ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That’s great for the length but what about the rest of the tee lol. I’ve boiled some pants that were too big all around and had some decent shrinking though. I had a hard time explaining to my gf why there were some carhartt double knees in a pot of boiling water on the stove

briancly

Reaction score
That’s great for the length but what about the rest of the tee lol. I’ve boiled some pants that were too big all around and had some decent shrinking though. I had a hard time explaining to my gf why there were some carhartt double knees in a pot of boiling water on the stove

Isn't that just dinner.

airhead

Reaction score
i guess i'm the only one but i love the fit of the roomlet. best fitting flannel i've had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics