• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It’s mostly still there - just pulled off the front page.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to website and it's looking different-only the few things in stock from all drops are available.

Very happy that y'all twisted my arm into getting those yellow cable cords in XL last week before they disappeared!

Also, some of you wanted that royal blue nylon shirt-there's L and XL available....GET IT!
Thank you for the heads up, I got the blue Fishing shirt finally after missing on it at the drop. Weird that I didn’t get a restock notification though...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a funny thing, I've easily spent thousands of dollars over the years on really nice, proper leather shoes over the years. Crockett and Jones, Vass, Carmina, etc. I've sold off a bunch, but still own a good number that I wear and cherish.

That said, hands down the most complimented shoe i wear these days is the Timbs three eyes I picked up maybe a year ago and wear with all my 18 East fits.

That's what I love about the brand, style forum ethos has been to save up money to buy something nice. You'll wear and enjoy it more and it'll be worth it. Don't buy a cheaper alternative, you'll regret it later.

I did that and ended up babying the shoes because they're 500 ******* dollars. That feeling you get when you scuff them. :(

Antonio changed my mind using affordable shoes (other than that. Nike crap) and making it look good. Birk bostons, timberland mocs, Reebok workouts, etc. It's nice to be able to go out (becomes rarer and rarer when you get older) and get drunk with friends and not give a **** about anything.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's what I love about the brand, style forum ethos has been to save up money to buy something nice. You'll wear and enjoy it more and it'll be worth it. Don't buy a cheaper alternative, you'll regret it later.

I did that and ended up babying the shoes because they're 500 ******* dollars. That feeling you get when you scuff them. :(

Antonio changed my mind using affordable shoes (other than that. Nike crap) and making it look good. Birk bostons, timberland mocs, Reebok workouts, etc. It's nice to be able to go out (becomes rarer and rarer when you get older) and get drunk with friends and not give a **** about anything.

Workouts to skate, bostons to take out the garbage and 3 eyes for everything else (throw in an ACG if you hike).

scubajose

Reaction score
PXL_20201028_153546113.jpg

Remodeling my new condo, so I'm putting the double knees to good use.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't think I saw anyone mention in here, but Saeed posted on the All Cap Studio IG that they were going to run back some of the lumumba design in tees/hoodies/totes and new colors. would be great, love those tees and didn't get a chance to get one.

Shazkar

Reaction score
ya'll let me know how the cable cords shrink post wash because the hat is kinda perfect fit right now and i don't wanna shrink it too much!

also, any tips on washing nylon to get some discoloration out? i had on sunscreen and picardin bug lotion (obv no deet when wearing synthetics) when i wore my fishing shirt on a hike, and between that and sweat, there are some areas that are darker where it was on my arms / collar, post wash
not a big deal tbh, but if you have any tips on that.. i assume it's whatever oils in those things making it darker

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya'll let me know how the cable cords shrink post wash because the hat is kinda perfect fit right now and i don't wanna shrink it too much!

also, any tips on washing nylon to get some discoloration out? i had on sunscreen and picardin bug lotion (obv no deet when wearing synthetics) when i wore my fishing shirt on a hike, and between that and sweat, there are some areas that are darker where it was on my arms / collar, post wash
not a big deal tbh, but if you have any tips on that.. i assume it's whatever oils in those things making it darker
How substantial is the hat? I ordered one, and was thinking it might work well for a winter hat in Canada, but $100 ($65+$35 shipping) is kinda steep, so I’m debating cancelling the order.

Last edited:

platinumtooth

Reaction score

IMO the cord material doesn't shrink much. Washed the cords a couple times, didn't change much.

As for oils on nylon, I'll put baby powder on it for a day or two to lift the oils out. If I'm feeling frisky afterward, I might pretreat with whatever stain remover I have (oxyclean). Seemed to work pretty well for previous nylon washes...

Shazkar

Reaction score
IMO the cord material doesn't shrink much. Washed the cords a couple times, didn't change much.

As for oils on nylon, I'll put baby powder on it for a day or two to lift the oils out. If I'm feeling frisky afterward, I might pretreat with whatever stain remover I have (oxyclean). Seemed to work pretty well for previous nylon washes...
Sweet, both these things are helpful. Good to know the cords don't shrink much and I'll give the baby powder a shot.

How substantial is the hat? I ordered one, and was thinking it might work well for a winter hat in Canada, but $100 ($65+$35 shipping) is kinda steep, so I’m debating cancelling the order.

I mean, it's reasonably thick for a bucket, but I'm the type of person that wears a wool beanie basically anytime the temperature goes in the realm of freezing so...
I'd be happy with it for late fall and milder winter days though (in NYC)

Shazkar

Reaction score
wearing my old olive goreckis which is a color i love but dang it was before i knew my correct size (aka size up)

silly me

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone received shipping notifications yet for last week's drop?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads