• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the sizing changed on the single pleats? At least the sizing chart says so...

FML in my hast I just ordered my usual size...

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone ignoring the tops? This is the top drop for tops, full stop.

Got the brenes in fog cause it feels the most wearable to me. Would have got the white field shirt but already got one from a year or so ago. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a casual staple, I wear mine a few times a month.

pi34

Reaction score
For anyone that has bought single pleats before, do they tend to fit like jean sizing (basically minus 4) or dress slack sizing? I wear a S in the SI sweatpants and a 32 in jeans, but I'm worried I screwed up.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Looks like the sizing changed on the single pleats? At least the sizing chart says so...

The measurements of the current single pleats are identical to the cabled cords from last year, fwiw

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, couldn’t grab the xxl in either the single pleats or the jacket. Bummer! Congrats on those from the big guy gang who scored haha.

henriik

Reaction score
Indigo Madder Yousef in M secured

One day I will be able to buy a pair of pants from 18 East :cheers:

jctune

Reaction score

I ordered my usual size as well. If the sizing changed significantly I'm sure buy/sell will be active enough to get what I need. That's what happened with the double knees and after a bit of time I ended up with the size I needed in both green and black.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone that has bought single pleats before, do they tend to fit like jean sizing (basically minus 4) or dress slack sizing? I wear a S in the SI sweatpants and a 32 in jeans, but I'm worried I screwed up.
In the past, slightly big in the waist for TTS, but the sizing chart just changed which makes it seem TTS to your jean size

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone ignoring the tops? This is the top drop for tops, full stop.

Got the brenes in fog cause it feels the most wearable to me. Would have got the white field shirt but already got one from a year or so ago. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a casual staple, I wear mine a few times a month.

I loaded up on too many camp collar shirts this summer, so just have some short-sleeve shirt fatigue. I like the windowpane brenes and cupro yousef, though.

I snagged the navy "suit." Sized up on both pieces, so hopefully it works!

The single pleat seems to be the same sizing as the cable cord ones from last fall/winter, but yeah it looks like a different cut or measurements compared to earlier single pleats?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Made the exact same mistake, ordered the navy diamondweave in L moving too quickly then looked at the size chart and was like "oh ****". Luckily I was able to move quickly and get both in XL. Hoping my first order can be canceled, otherwise I'll be open to selling them.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my usual size as well. If the sizing changed significantly I'm sure buy/sell will be active enough to get what I need. That's what happened with the double knees and after a bit of time I ended up with the size I needed in both green and black.
Either that or I hope they still have the excess fabric where they can be let out slightly. :confused2:

pi34

Reaction score
@malcb33 Awesome - thank you! I might be okay with the Mediums, even though I know I break the credo of sizing up (probably a side effect of losing a lot of weight recently)

@Mariokartfever Got the full fog set... really like both and am very excited.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Grabbed the cupro Yousef. Went with my normal size (L), but for some reason think I made a mistake by not going up to an XL.

Probably should've grabbed the single pleats too. I will definitely be kicking myself over that.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Not saying this will be true of the navy pleats, but my cords in size L works fine for waist size 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads