• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bahahahahaha.

If you need to even think about measurements for this jacket it’s not going to fit how you want.

@NickPollica But in all seriousness, is the advice going to be that they run true to size, or that they run a little small and you should size up? :) Imagine we'll have all of 5 seconds to make a sizing decision when the drop lands. Are they this monday or next?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will the winter thermals only be available at 18 East website?

maxbayuk

Reaction score
i mean, some of your shirt jackets fit oversized, and some fit slimmer. As someone who buys XXL it just helps to know if it even worth going for.

Yeah I think I get where Antonio is coming from but sizing info is still helpful for some of us with weirder proportions / specific requirements and doesn't mean we're averse to sizing up or wearing a big fit. When I look for measurements for tops it’s often whether the largest size available will be large enough, not the opposite

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i mean, some of your shirt jackets fit oversized, and some fit slimmer. As someone who buys XXL it just helps to know if it even worth going for.

It’s a not slim piece. It’s also somewhat cropped.
3526D05B-DEF9-40F3-BD05-1A5B900D9D9D.png

My point in general was that there are more than a handful of people that followed me from Eidos that have a “my right shoulder is 1/16 of an inch lower than my left. Is the point to point 18 or 18.2? Because I know my body and I need it exactly at 18.16758” approach to tailored jackets. That guy will not like how this fits. It’s really good though.

maxbayuk

Reaction score
6688315D-427A-4CB3-A904-32D26A89CA26.jpeg

Little stop at the beach after work today here on the foggy California coast. Air is finally not-so-smokey, although a few days ago there was as much smoke as there is fog here

Digging my new dolman (XXL), worn here with RTH reworked vintage military trousers and an Evan Kinori cap

Last edited:

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score
Yeah I think I get where Antonio is coming from but sizing info is still helpful for some of us with weirder proportions / specific requirements and doesn't mean we're averse to sizing up or wearing a big fit. When I look for measurements for tops it’s often whether the largest size available will be large enough, not the opposite

Exactly this. I have a wider frame, so for me I’m always like, hey will this piece be wide enough for me. I love the baggy and oversized fit, so for me it’s always is this a 18E piece where the 2XL chest width is 25 or a 28?

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score
It’s a not slim piece. It’s also somewhat cropped.
View attachment 1459937

My point in general was that there are more than a handful of people that followed me from Eidos that have a “my right shoulder is 1/16 of an inch lower than my left. Is the point to point 18 or 18.2? Because I know my body and I need it exactly at 18.16758” approach to tailored jackets. That guy will not like how this fits. It’s really good though.

I totally understand. I’ve come to terms that your usual suggestion is to size up and I love that, as I don’t like my clothes form fitting and usually tend to be baggies. Just as a bigger guy, I know some of your jackets just run less wide then others, that’s all.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1459944
Little stop at the beach after work today here on the foggy California coast. Air is finally not-so-smokey, although a few days ago there was almost as much smoke as there is fog here

Digging my new dolman, worn here with RTH reworked vintage military trousers and an Evan Kinori cap

For reference - that new jacket is the long sleeve version of this, with a set in sleeve and 1” extra in the length of the body.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1459944
Little stop at the beach after work today here on the foggy California coast. Air is finally not-so-smokey, although a few days ago there was almost as much smoke as there is fog here

Digging my new dolman, worn here with RTH reworked vintage military trousers and an Evan Kinori cap
Looks good. What size did you take?

stevenkmason

Reaction score
@NickPollica start making xxxl and you’ll get less sizing questions ? I’m on the same page where I have to figure out if xxl is big enough for me. I’ve grabbed 2 things where it wasn’t and 1 where it was so it’s a toss up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads