• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shazkar

Reaction score
I only need the S for the pants/shorts. I have a 30” waist and am trying to lose more weight this summer lol

I’m still trying to wrap my head around cinching down with a belt. I have historically found the waist bunching to look awkward and feel a bit odd, but now that I’m not tucking in anything with my 18 East fits I’m getting over the aesthetics of it. I have a pair of shelter shorts in M and that’s been the gateway. I need more 18 East approved belts, that’s the ticket. I have an Inis Meain belt that I wear with my single pleats and that helps a lot.

This is so interesting to me, because I pretty much need S for the outerwear and long sleeve shirts... like, I'm still swimming in the bal coat in S. 5'6" gang ;_;

But even with a 29-30" waist, S on most bottoms is impossible. Got that donk a donk. (Made a huge mistake on those navy shorts :oops:). But I'm used to sizing up on pants and belting to account for the butt.

shortlefty

Reaction score
I'm often confused about sizing. We got a guy 6 ft with 30 waist wearing an XL and there's no way that person is a TTS XL right? But description says to get TTS. What do I do as a smol boy? I guess Medium over small is the way to go?

Symphony

Reaction score
As a fat XLer, a brand minimizing its stock of small sizes and adding more big boy pants is (chefskissemoji) and something I’ve only dreamt of seeing for years.

I feel for all you tiny boys out there, we’ll get through this together I promise!

I’m not gonna lie...I can’t really feel too bad because I always see thinner people being catered to with every brand, even when the stuff doesn’t sell out. That’s why during sale seasons, it ends up being nothing but S and XS’s left.

Symphony

Reaction score
I'm often confused about sizing. We got a guy 6 ft with 30 waist wearing an XL and there's no way that person is a TTS XL right? But description says to get TTS. What do I do as a smol boy? I guess Medium over small is the way to go?

Just do what I do haha:

pants/jackets - when in doubt, go tts

shirts - when in doubt, size up

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I feel like I've talked about this fairly extensively, but the way the product is styled on the site is how we intend things to fit/be worn aka sized up. That said, we develop our fits with an industry standard fit model to make sure that an M fits like most people think an M should fit. That, frankly, is not how I think an M should fit, but this has changed returns on us dramatically. So if you are interested in what we do but don't want to hear me regarding what I think looks good, just take your normal size and you'll be fine.

shortlefty

Reaction score
I’m not gonna lie...I can’t really feel too bad because I always see thinner people being catered to with every brand, even when the stuff doesn’t sell out. That’s why during sale seasons, it ends up being nothing but S and XS’s left.

Feel like it's the complete opposite for me. Whenever I browse sales, XS, Large and XL remain. Small and Med seem to be the rare ones

Shazkar

Reaction score
I'm apparently 14th percentile for American male height, says the internet, so length is always my main issue

These short limbs

I'm cool with going wide (which is why short sleeves and shorts sizing up works way better for me than long sleeves and jackets, I have to hem almost all of my pants)

All that being said, I've always been happy with my sizing up and only had regrets in going too small lol

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is so interesting to me, because I pretty much need S for the outerwear and long sleeve shirts... like, I'm still swimming in the bal coat in S. 5'6" gang ;_;

But even with a 29-30" waist, S on most bottoms is impossible. Got that donk a donk. (Made a huge mistake on those navy shorts :oops:). But I'm used to sizing up on pants and belting to account for the butt.

I got the Ikat trousers in S and haven't worn them much yet because the waist band is so much larger than on my herringbone single pleats, and I can't remember if I washed/dried them or not lol. Have to figure that out or go with the belt.

I take a M or L up top - I have a 40" chest, but I'm also only 5'8" so I struggle similarly with long sleeves, which hasn't been a problem in the summer. I guess we all have minor frustrations with our bodies we try to deal with. I have the fall's osman in an L and once I took the sleeves in like 3 inches it became one of my favorite casual jackets. I have Goreckis in both S (pueblo) and M (olive) and honestly prefer the S. Generally though when I have followed @NickPollica's sizing advice I've been happy, but for the recent drops, when I'm in the midst of that 45 second window before things are sold out I just go TTS and hope for the best.

Shazkar

Reaction score
Haha yeah, meanwhile ikat trousers and jacket both in M for me
I need a belt (/ prob a tailor when I get around to it) but a small would never have worked

ah the human figure ?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got the Ikat trousers in S and haven't worn them much yet because the waist band is so much larger than on my herringbone single pleats, and I can't remember if I washed/dried them or not lol. Have to figure that out or go with the belt.

I take a M or L up top - I have a 40" chest, but I'm also only 5'8" so I struggle similarly with long sleeves, which hasn't been a problem in the summer. I guess we all have minor frustrations with our bodies we try to deal with. I have the fall's osman in an L and once I took the sleeves in like 3 inches it became one of my favorite casual jackets. I have Goreckis in both S (pueblo) and M (olive) and honestly prefer the S. Generally though when I have followed @NickPollica's sizing advice I've been happy, but for the recent drops, when I'm in the midst of that 45 second window before things are sold out I just go TTS and hope for the best.

Sizing down on the goreckis is insane. The XXL fits like the rothco L.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm apparently 14th percentile for American male height, says the internet, so length is always my main issue

These short limbs

I'm cool with going wide (which is why short sleeves and shorts sizing up works way better for me than long sleeves and jackets, I have to hem almost all of my pants)

All that being said, I've always been happy with my sizing up and only had regrets in going too small lol
Similar problem - 30th percentile for me. I can deal with width but length is a problem and proportions get out of whack when I size up. Small in bottoms and S/M in tops 4 life.

robat19

Reaction score
D63A1676-F74B-4597-9E06-E61D0AC764FB.jpeg

I ditched the new balances.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No sympathy for the XS/S gang from me, there's always some cool **** left over in those sizes. I can't believe there's still an XS navy Driss shirt available.

Meanwhile I'm a L/XL and have 15 items (last time I counted, probably more now) from the brand and a bunch of bead necklaces. Us bigger folks have been fighting for what we can get, I haven't been able to buy the items I wanted the most from the last 4 or 5 drops.

I'm an idiot who doesn't learn his lesson, missed out on the chambray patchwork shorts and the last drop kurta because I added other items to my cart. Need to checkout right away.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No sympathy for the XS/S gang from me, there's always some cool **** left over in those sizes. I can't believe there's still an XS navy Driss shirt available.

Meanwhile I'm a L/XL and have 15 items (last time I counted, probably more now) from the brand and a bunch of bead necklaces. Us bigger folks have been fighting for what we can get, I haven't been able to buy the items I wanted the most from the last 4 or 5 drops.

I'm an idiot who doesn't learn his lesson, missed out on the chambray patchwork shorts and the last drop kurta because I added other items to my cart. Need to checkout right away.
Yo, us S boys ain’t missin out so we’ll just be snatching up some Ms and Ls and that reduces your chances, ya know. I can’t defend XS but S should not be punished for their mistakes.
On that note, Antonio now has to add a dryer-shrinking chart to the product pages ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads