• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

1596840128073.gif

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm this is not a good development for me

From now on we will only have 1 xs if we have it at all. There won’t be more than 4 S again either. Most stock will be in L, then XL, then M as this is what we sell.

:( I like XS for the outerwear/SC, including one specific piece I thought I remember was going to be made this fall.

brothersprout

Reaction score
Real talk I’ve thought about scrapping S all together too. Out here like Orvis.
Mr. East, sir, I'm happy to size up to a M in tops if I have to. I'm all aboard on big fits. I'm even down to cinch some elastic waists if I have to. But if you have pants with a button and no stretch in the waist, cinching it with a belt just isn't the same, even if I'm wearing it on my hips like you suggest (I've always worn my pants like this anyway). I'm just skinny, man. I'm literally asking you to look out for the little guy right now ?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mr. East, sir, I'm happy to size up to a M in tops if I have to. I'm all aboard on big fits. I'm even down to cinch some elastic waists if I have to. But if you have pants with a button and no stretch in the waist, cinching it with a belt just isn't the same, even if I'm wearing it on my hips like you suggest (I've always worn my pants like this anyway). I'm just skinny, man. I'm literally asking you to look out for the little guy right now ?

hahahah - Im not getting rid of S, but I will say that I wore XL pants when I had a 29” waist just fine. It’s as simple as a belt.

aladdnzane

Reaction score
hahahah - Im not getting rid of S, but I will say that I wore XL pants when I had a 29” waist just fine. It’s as simple as a belt.

whoa whoa whoa now... don't you skinny guys go buying belts and stealing those XL from us Big Fit boys!

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only need the S for the pants/shorts. I have a 30” waist and am trying to lose more weight this summer lol

I’m still trying to wrap my head around cinching down with a belt. I have historically found the waist bunching to look awkward and feel a bit odd, but now that I’m not tucking in anything with my 18 East fits I’m getting over the aesthetics of it. I have a pair of shelter shorts in M and that’s been the gateway. I need more 18 East approved belts, that’s the ticket. I have an Inis Meain belt that I wear with my single pleats and that helps a lot.

Symphony

Reaction score

also while you’re here, how are you sizing for the doubles knees?

I’m usually a 36, so I figured between XL or XXL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads