• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As turned off as I am by the shopping experience 18 East has become, it blows my mind people would send Antonio hate mail for it. Happy the brand seems to be doing so well, and has also achieved so much in other arenas as a result (e.g. the wild success of the BLM tee fundraiser), even if, as I said before, I’m probably getting too old for this 30-second ordering ****.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have similar sentiment but I think I'm more okay about it. Like you I am happy to see the success with 18 East, dare I say proud. Can only imagine how Antonio feels or it has not sunken in yet. Whether it is a small group of fashion nerds on Styleforum or garners an audience of the likes of Supreme, I hope the thought behind 18 East stays consistent. I think that will be the true sign of success. And I believe the brand is on the right track based on the enthusiasm shared by Antonio, well documented even before the launch of 18 East. Difference then and now at least to me is this is so much more personal and diverse all at the same time. Additionally, you get hints of the designer's personality in the work, that is very cool.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If anything, it’s only becoming more of what I want it to be product-wise (which is the most rewarding to see it move), and we are absolutely increasing quantities to make it easier to shop. That said, this isn’t something we can do overnight as there are fabric weaving lead times, etc. It seems like a switch flipped in February and we’ve tried to adjust based on that, but it wasn’t too long ago (fall) that we were only selling 40% of things that I love. Padmore collab - amazing. ArkAir collab - amazing. Iascaire wool parka - amazing. Reversible sahasikas - amazing. The entirety of the fall fleece program. While I feel like I have a good idea of what will work, there is no crystal ball, so we still need to be careful.

Last edited:

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im actually surprised ark air is still there at larger sizes, esp at discounted price.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love seeing 18E being so successful, and personally enjoy playing the game every drop. I totally respect that Antonio and the team are both trying to ramp up production while also being conservative - I want to believe this will help the brand endure in the long run. It’s disappointing to hear you guys get hate mail, though, I’m really sorry you have to put up with that.

I don’t understand sleeping on the Arkair either. It’s so sick and this is coming from someone who absolutely never messed with anoraks, especially with the hat to match. I bought that and then the red fishing jacket, unsurprisingly the two jackets featured in the Esquire feature from a while ago. There’s a lot to pick, but I have become a lot more reserved in my outerwear purchases since last year. However I basically have an unlimited appetite for accessories, shirts, and pants from 18 East. Especially the pants.

I’ve been copping on and off from the brand since the first collection, but going to extended WFH has really enabled me to go all in on 18 East, which I wear pretty much every day at this point. It wouldn’t surprise me if that is a common thread for a lot of us who have dove into the brand since February.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anything, it’s only becoming more of what I want it to be product-wise (which is the most rewarding to see it move), and we are absolutely increasing quantities to make it easier to shop. That said, this isn’t something we can do overnight as there are fabric weaving lead times, etc. It seems like a switch flipped in February and we’ve tried to adjust based on that, but it wasn’t too long ago (fall) that we were only selling 40% of things that I love. Padmore collab - amazing. ArkAir collab - amazing. Iascaire wool parka - amazing. Reversible sahasikas - amazing. The entirety of the fall fleece program. While I feel like I have a good idea of what will work, there is no crystal ball, so we still need to be careful.

It's really funny, I've been into 18 east from pretty much the beginning; and was kind of shocked at how much stock stayed online because people were sleeping on it -- especially a lot of last summer's stuff. It was nice to be able to go back and get extra things in other colorways because I liked them so much. Those corduroy easy pants are probably my most worn fall/winter pants as they're just so damn comfortable, and that wainscott arran sweater is literally the best sweater in the world.

That being said I'm super glad ya'll are blowing up even if it means missing out on things as it means all the more 18 east in the future. :)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A3B1EB47-4E83-45C5-AA11-DD54702FCC09.jpeg

Fave cap

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

platinumtooth

Reaction score
It has to be such whiplash to have the world come to a quarantined standstill and think all of your hard work in creating this world is going to end, to then get nasty emails regarding not having enough jawns. (not even mentioning the scrambling to even produce said collection)

And, we're not even close to done with COVID. Future is still real uncertain.

Sorry if it's too serious, but these are the things I think about with 18E, often. It's amazing you're even able to produce in these times. Better yet, these clothes are incredible AND affordable! These clothes truly give me good vibes that protect me from all of the constant bullshit that is happening in our daily dumpfire of a world. I get the same feeling I did when I got my first RL shirt back in the 7th ******* grade. (approx. 234 yrs ago)

Ready for more!

everyday

Reaction score
Would it be crazy to have a pre-order program? At least on some hype-type items? Like, post the sample on IG or somewhere, let people commit to buy at full deposit (plus markup for the significant inconvenience), and order those extra.

I know samples and production can vary (lmao Eidos days), and it might sort of take away from the hype a little bit. It is kinda cool to see an item on IG on Wed. and be able to (try to but not being able to) buy it on Friday.

Anyway, just musing, haven't had any luck with 18East the last 5 drops or so lol, but I'm taking it sportive. FW is my favourite seasons anyway...

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like a good/challenging book or movie will teach you how to read or watch it, I think it's also that folks are learning how to wear 18 East. That nylon Iascaire parka is a good example. I loved the piece but couldn't figure out how to make it fit with the rest of my wardrobe, so never made the purchase. This is probably because I was coming from the Eidos end of the 18 East spectrum, which the brand has been moving away from in color/fit/fabric. Instead of the parka, then, I bought the Keating shirt jacket, because while that was still an interesting and unique piece, it was made of donegal wool from Molloy & Sons. That was easier for me to get at the time.

Now the orange nylon parka just seems obvious and I would know exactly how to wear it if it was still for sale. But that's with the hindsight of everything I've been able to try on and wear from 18 East in the last six months.

In addition to quarantine, I think summer drops also make this easier than winter drops because you're not as beholden to layering, matching, and more formal, generally darker cuts/colors/fabrics.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traditionally you all don’t really **** with buckets. We went hard on the fall ones and are still sitting on a bunch.
I can definitely understand being unsure about buckets selling after the wool ones sat.

For me I’d much rather wear a beanie in winter, which is why I ultimately didn’t pick up the wool one, but absolutely love buckets for summer. I only have the Pueblo one but probably have 2-3 more if they were available. Would be a great preorder item, if that was ever an option.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would 2nd the pre-order idea but it probably only makes sense for higher ticket items. Also just got the nylon cap shipping email!

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can definitely understand being unsure about buckets selling after the wool ones sat.

For me I’d much rather wear a beanie in winter, which is why I ultimately didn’t pick up the wool one, but absolutely love buckets for summer. I only have the Pueblo one but probably have 2-3 more if they were available. Would be a great preorder item, if that was ever an option.

I'd love more pre-ordering options myself. Don't mind paying up front to make sure I snag stuff. :)

Sad that the patchwork bucket was such a small run, was really hoping to rock that with the matching shorts. Going to keep my eyes peeled on grailed for that, although it seems like they all went to friends & family so probs not going to happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads