• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shazkar

Reaction score
0xqwgCT.jpg

went to see some nature

very pleased with pollen as a color

(wish I’d had this band shirt I got at a show a size or two larger, that thing shrunk)

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^love it. Mad at myself for not trying for those buckets.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
0xqwgCT.jpg

went to see some nature

very pleased with pollen as a color

(wish I’d had this band shirt I got at a show a size or two larger, that thing shrunk)
I have the same Kikagaku Moyo shirt (agree that I should've gotten a size larger too)! Amazing band, especially live. Fits well in this outfit.

Shazkar

Reaction score
I have the same Kikagaku Moyo shirt (agree that I should've gotten a size larger too)! Amazing band, especially live. Fits well in this outfit.

One of my fav bands of recent years, seen them 3x live already somehow

I saw them the year before and have a black shirt from that tour also by the same artist (she makes some great art in general)

And yeah, I’m super into the buckets now
Picked up my first bucket from corridor last year, now I’ve got a handful of different ones

And Antonio is like a foot taller than me

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score
I see it as there’s a lot of good information given before a product drops whether it is the Instagram page or here in this thread. Sizing recommendations, quantity, times.. all those things are posted a good while before everyone does a mad scramble on Thursday mornings. That should cut out the impulse panic buy.

Using myself as an example, I was a bit apprehensive in regards to the cargo shirt sizing, but because of this thread I got the info and when it came time to buy, I didn’t have to guess or look at size charts and panic. I clicked the size and checked out.

For tings like the cargo pants, yeh, you gotta be quick due to quantity and it sucks to miss out. But as cool as this stuff is, it’s just clothes at the end of the day.

I will say, it’s good to have Antonio in here answering mulitple questions about items before a drop, like sizing, sizes available, fit. But I do think it becomes a bother to keep buggin him to find out if a certain size will be available, or if a camp will be cropped etc. I think if you keep the drop structure, you should offer as much information as possible beforehand. Size range, size guides, cost are all things that if we ask, Antonio and the team answer, but otherwise isn’t available.

for instance I took a second today to see if the yellow striped tee was cropped, and it was, so I passed, but if I missed on the shorts because of that, that would suck. On the other hand, he answered me about xxl hoodie so I knew not to even bother for the hoodie.

I wonder if this is something the brand has thought about, and if there’s a reason why they would decide not to.

Either Way, I’ll keep copping. Or at least trying to.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say, it’s good to have Antonio in here answering mulitple questions about items before a drop, like sizing, sizes available, fit. But I do think it becomes a bother to keep buggin him to find out if a certain size will be available, or if a camp will be cropped etc. I think if you keep the drop structure, you should offer as much information as possible beforehand. Size range, size guides, cost are all things that if we ask, Antonio and the team answer, but otherwise isn’t available.

for instance I took a second today to see if the yellow striped tee was cropped, and it was, so I passed, but if I missed on the shorts because of that, that would suck. On the other hand, he answered me about xxl hoodie so I knew not to even bother for the hoodie.

I wonder if this is something the brand has thought about, and if there’s a reason why they would decide not to.

A great wind carries you across the sky...

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our model is the reason we exist as a brand today.
It would be great to see a some pre-order options if possible?

Obviously there’s many factors that going into pre-orders, but having cash up front, zero risk of the stock sitting and happy customers (getting what they want) seems like a win/ win. Even if it was just one or two main styles per season.

briancly

Reaction score
It would be great to see a some pre-order options if possible?

Obviously there’s many factors that going into pre-orders, but having cash up front, zero risk of the stock sitting and happy customers (getting what they want) seems like a win/ win. Even if it was just one or two main styles per season.

I think it'd be awesome for things that seem to be more "staples" of the brand like Goreckis (or maybe some other good cargo pants) and hoodies, but I believe Antonio has said he doesn't have intention to do pre-orders on the main collection outside of accessories (things like the hat).

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it'd be awesome for things that seem to be more "staples" of the brand like Goreckis (or maybe some other good cargo pants) and hoodies, but I believe Antonio has said he doesn't have intention to do pre-orders on the main collection outside of accessories (things like the hat).
yes - but i bet we would all be willing to pay a bit more than we're currently paying if it means moving away from the bots.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of this has been discussed in the past. Antonio makes the range of sizes according to what sells the best: medium, large, and extra large sells the best. This can be seen in the leftover clothes that didn't sell on the website. If you want him to continue making XXL you will have to buy more.

For sizing, Antonio did say his clothes is meant to fit so that customers can take their normal size in everything. It's just that the customer's perception of how clothes fit does not match his. I have the same issue with the tees. The length used to be shorter on the first 2 drops. They made it 1.5 to 2" longer and it is still slightly shorter than I prefer although I am trying out the graphic tee from this drop. If the Jamal tee is too cropped for you I wouldn't even bother looking at any of the tees anymore.

I am also appreciative of Antonio answering questions in the forum but even if he didn't everything would still sell out.

briancly

Reaction score
yes - but i bet we would all be willing to pay a bit more than we're currently paying if it means moving away from the bots.

I don't think it's bots. There's just limited supply since stock was projected since pre-COVID and 18 East has blown up a lot since then. There's just disproportionate supply to meet the current demand. Most of the people who are buying are people who are buying to wear. It's only recently that there seems to be people reselling.

But with that being said, I feel like I'm getting a steal any time I pick something up from 18 East. I'm not telling Antonio to increase prices, but I have enough trust in the brand at this point for sizing and price that I know whatever I'm getting it's going to be worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads