• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shazkar

Reaction score
Glad to see this in the description for today's indigo joint. Really love how the green/berry vito fits - @NickPollica you're getting folks on board with your intended fits

I've finally learned to go a bit big, after some regrets on some past purchases that were too small or snug. It's easy to be reluctant when you're generally a small person and don't want to look tiny, but I'm learning.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot. One more drop for April then a big push for may.

Great to hear. And honestly if **** it still hitting the fan by then, maybe think about doing pre-order style drops. I mean, I've waited almost a year for MTO boots and months for denim from Gustin (and your stuff is way cooler). I'd be more than happy to reserve a place beforehand and wait a bit for it. May be a way to solve some of the woes about people complaining about not being able to get in 15 minutes before drop too. :) Better estimate what sizes you need things in too.

robat19

Reaction score
I’d pay up front and wait a few months vs the week long anxiety of hoping to get something on Thursday ?

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree - would be happy to prepay for some of these items that are so limited.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think part of the model is the exclusivity, or at least it was.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are a few things that we have thought about doing this for, but, in general, preorders are not how we want to build this business. That said, who knows.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few things that we have thought about doing this for, but, in general, preorders are not how we want to build this business. That said, who knows.

Understandable. It definitely opens up a lot of other issues. If the world is still shut down it'll be hard to find fabrics, etc, and do all the cool stuff you're doing too.

briancly

Reaction score

Would you imagine ever doing a non-drop model? And just having things that get restocked on a more regular basis? While I think the drop model has been pretty successful in generating the dedicated fanbase and not having a bunch of supply sit, kinda just sucks when there's a lot of things on the site but most of it is just the extreme sizes and I pretty much have to be active here or on IG to keep up.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would you imagine ever doing a non-drop model? And just having things that get restocked on a more regular basis? While I think the drop model has been pretty successful in generating the dedicated fanbase and not having a bunch of supply sit, kinda just sucks when there's a lot of things on the site but most of it is just the extreme sizes and I pretty much have to be active here or on IG to keep up.

Frankly, our business model is the reason why we exist right now.

Reaction score
I can't think of another brand where the creators actively engage with the consumers the way you guys seem to do it, and I think it's awesome

Much less with people telling you how they think you should run your business, and you guys taking the time to not only respond in kind to everyone but to offer an apology even though you didn't really need to

I think that speaks volumes to the brand and following you have built - and makes me so happy to see your current success and makes me feel even more excited about things to come. Might be easier for me to come from this perspective since I was able to cop but if you think about this as art (art which we can consume): there will always be times you miss out, especially when production volume is simply not high because it's not meant to be. These are curated pieces of art. Made with clear vision, intent, and goddamn artistry. And made by a small team, from what it seems like. I mean ffs there is someone out there shipping out things by themselves until 2 in the morning to make sure everyone is happy and gets their things (someone sent out my things at 11pm tonight; honestly, not necessary but thank you so much)- and I went back and saw complaints about orders not arriving on time, etc. We've evolved into a society where we want things now, expect them now (Ronnie Chieng has a pretty hilarious bit on this on his last netflix special) - but it isn't always meant to be that way and that quite simply adds to the allure here in my honest opinion

Sorry for the weird rant; but to the team at 18 East: thank you so much for all the hard work you guys put into what you do, and know that no matter what you do—we will support you and your sick pieces will continue to sell out with the quickness

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads