• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GQ: 18east

“It's been crazy to see people talk about how this is a time for self-care and wellness and it's like, oh my God, I don't think I've drank more wine and beer after the kids go to sleep.“

+100

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica Just a quick question for budgeting purposes: do you know what the linen safari coming later this month is likely to cost? Just an approximation? Looking forward to it (and other pieces)!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To do my part: yesterday, I received the Yousef Camp Shirt, size M (size down), and the Shelter Camp Short, size L (normal size). Typically, I'm somewhere between an M and an L (~41" chest, 34" waist). I took the instructions on the website.

Interestingly, I could have taken an L in the Yousef - I wouldn't say the M is tight, but it certainly isn't oversized or even very roomy. Conversely, in the Shelter, the L was fairly large but still comfortable, but I do not think I could have sized up without a significant amount of sag (which I don't really do). Already, the shorts fall to my hips, and the drawstring is not super effective at cinching the waist (although it does not appear that it is intended to do so), i.e., you are not going to get an inch or two from the drawstring. The Shelter are really, really, really comfortable though, and even though I did not order them, I am considering keeping them.

Of course, this is just my opinion and YMMV.

Last edited:

Jonas251

Reaction score
Berry and green booth shorts in size M still on the site. Someone should jump on that

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To do my part: yesterday, I received the Yousef Camp Shirt, size M (size down), and the Shelter Camp Short, size L (normal size). Typically, I'm somewhere between an M and an L (~41" chest, 34" waist). I took the instructions on the website.

Interestingly, I could have taken an L in the Yousef - I wouldn't say the M is tight, but it certainly isn't oversized or even very roomy. Conversely, in the Shelter, the L was fairly large but still comfortable, but I do not think I could have sized up without a significant amount of sag (which I don't really do). Already, the shorts fall to my hips, and the drawstring is not super effective at cinching the waist (although it does not appear that it is intended to do so), i.e., you are not going to get an inch or two from the drawstring. The Shelter are really, really, really comfortable though, and even though I did not order them, I am considering keeping them.

Of course, this is just my opinion and YMMV.
If we hadn’t advised to size down I think we would have received a lot of returns.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we hadn’t advised to size down I think we would have received a lot of returns.

Probably so. Honestly, don't mind a slimmer camp shirt. I have some that are huge, some that are smaller, etc. Nice to have variety.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret sizing down on my Yousef. It’s too short and not particularly roomy. I’m going to sell it unfortunately unless i can find a trade for the next size up.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
I went TTS on both Yousef shirts and like the fit on both. The orange one is a shorter than the teal one but still works.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you've finally swayed people, Antonio. Nobody is sizing down anymore.

First time in my life that I’ve cracked 200 Lbs.

Or... maybe it's just that a lot of people are in the same boat as you?

jlchau

Reaction score
If I’m a size S in the single pleat pants, should I go with a S or M in the goreckis?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like with 18east, general rule of thumb is TTS or size up. 300+ pages in, if you're still sizing down, you living in the past man.

(Still look back at the denim shirt I returned because I went TTS an initially thought it was too big :sadface: )

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like with 18east, general rule of thumb is TTS or size up. 300+ pages in, if you're still sizing down, you living in the past man.

(Still look back at the denim shirt I returned because I went TTS an initially thought it was too big :sadface: )

I agree.....except in the case of my past purchase sizing down was recommended in the description.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went TTS in the SI thermal - did not read description - and it is not wearable for me. Usually whatever Antonio recommends is what I do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads