• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good Esquire piece hit today featuring some of my favorite things (including the preposterously good red nylon parka you all are sleeping on).

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my mock neck thermal. Really happy with the fit of TTS through the chest, but I think I'm gonna take a 1.5-2" off the length of it.

Got mine in too. Definitely has a serious snowboarding feel to it given the length. Fit is great though so I think I'm just gonna rock it the way it is.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Contemplating the Mammoth Parka, seems like a good thing to wear over knit in CA and still stay fairly warm. Zippers help to breathe as needed. Water repellent good for kitchen and yard work. Are my expectations about right? So if I take a medium in precious season shirts I should go to a small in this shell?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Contemplating the Mammoth Parka, seems like a good thing to wear over knit in CA and still stay fairly warm. Zippers help to breathe as needed. Water repellent good for kitchen and yard work. Are my expectations about right? So if I take a medium in precious season shirts I should go to a small in this shell?

It is really, really good. Size down from your normal alpha size unless you plan on wearing over thick layers.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is really, really good. Size down from your normal alpha size unless you plan on wearing over thick layers.
Size down would still accommodate a hoodie like modeled? That’s the most layering I’d probably go with for indoor wear

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^this lol

I still not sure whether to gl whether small or medium. I’m leaning medium and fold up/cimch sleeves up as needed.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are sleeping on the purple cord pants

IMG_20200213_144439.jpg

With the sahasika with the gorecki fabric. I dried it for 15 minutes (it was still a little damp when I took it out) and the texture is great but I lost a little more length and width than I would've liked. Maybe because it's a bit wrinkled? I'll keep pulling it down to see if I can get a little length back.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^this lol

I still not sure whether to gl whether small or medium. I’m leaning medium and fold up/cimch sleeves up as needed.

I mean come on - Sometimes I feel like I’m speaking greek! When do I ever say to size down? Every single guy on our team tried the jacket on and took 1 size smaller than their normal alpha size. Also, no one has commented on the sleeves being long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads