• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Black bagru pants came in today and they are awesome. I wouldn't sleep on these. Also, sizing up is a good idea. Really surprised they're still available in L and XL.

The oversized back pockets are real nice.

yep - this is a pant that looks substantially better bigger.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Trying to do no-cop January was a bad idea...
Here's hoping there's still a pair left by Feb 01. Though if the bagru shirt comes back in stock in a L I'll have to jump on that

looseandwavey

Reaction score
yep - this is a pant that looks substantially better bigger.
One thing I haven't got my head round with sizing up, is how that works on the waist. Is it just super loose, or do you have to belt it up for it to stay up? Realise this is a potentially a stupid question, but as a size 30 waist i cant work out where all that extra fabric would go. But the shots on the website look amazing.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One thing I haven't got my head round with sizing up, is how that works on the waist. Is it just super loose, or do you have to belt it up for it to stay up? Realise this is a potentially a stupid question, but as a size 30 waist i cant work out where all that extra fabric would go. But the shots on the website look amazing.

Have you never worn pants that are big in the waist? You just wear a belt and cinch it tighter. I guess as a skateboarder I’ve just been doing this since I was 11 and don’t really know any other way.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
Have you never worn pants that are big in the waist? You just wear a belt and cinch it tighter. I guess as a skateboarder I’ve just been doing this since I was 11 and don’t really know any other way.

Yeah its a completely alien concept to me.I was more into glam rock and stuff as a kid, so very different aesthetic. cheers for indulging my somewhat obvious question

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans for a wool tweed Osman blazer in the same vein as the balmacaan?

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Which is why we are working with an industry standard fit model to make sure that the true to size is that. But if you like how things look in our photos just know that it’s going to be hard to get there without going up at least a size. Sean is technically a M and we had him in XL for almost everything.

designated

Reaction score
??? DM me and we will figure out

me as well. Is there a new customer service email as I don’t want to DM you every time.. I haven’t got a reply in a week and wanted to change a size in my order and now it seems its already shipped...

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0CB9276F-2BC8-4031-BD70-73DD43CD03DC.jpeg
4822B940-BFA4-4BFE-865E-E02F14B88543.jpeg

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Some discussions earlier about sizing for that Molloy overshirt-I thought I'd weigh in. $500 is some serious cash for a shirt jacket, so if anyone's on the fence, here's food for thought.

Been looking for a CPOish overshirt for months now and when this hit IG I knew this was the one. I elected to NOT size up-from the get, Antonio has been saying this thing is very oversized, and pics showed skinnier people wearing it flowy, drapey, etc. I didn't want this look, as I'm shorter and wider than the models and I wanna wear this thing like a proper overshirt, not billowy. I went for the size M (I'm an L in most tops; 5'8" and 200lbs).

IT'S FANTASTIC. Substantial heft to garment, lined sleeves, this thing is a gem. And I'm very happy with the sizing-I can rock it with just a shirt underneath, and it's still oversized to fit a hoodie underneath if I'm feeling it.

OH and these pants? Maybe my 2nd favorite 18east purchase. The quilting is insane, the back pockets are unlike anything I've seen in a pant-been wearing them for a week straight. Love em.
IMG_2976.jpg

tailoredtech

Reaction score
me as well. Is there a new customer service email as I don’t want to DM you every time.. I haven’t got a reply in a week and wanted to change a size in my order and now it seems its already shipped...

It still seems to be their customer service email, as I got a reply after I posted my message here

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope I guessed right going with XL for the Molloy overshirt. I would have gone with L except for, "Model is 5'11" with a 30” waist and is wearing a size L." I went up to XL given that I am 6-1 with a 36" waist.

The Osman in XXL was WAY too big on me. The opposite of fat guy in a little coat. I think I need to go by the measurements table and ignore the written sizing advice.

source.gif

Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How warm do those quilted pants wear? I really like the look of them but I feel like I have limited opportunities to wear cold weather gear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads