• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Anybody have a fit pic of the eide trouser? On the website it says the model is wearing an XL, with a size 30 waist, but I didn't see a model pic.
Size 33 waist. Wearing a medium here.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also found that confusing considering I have a 30” waist and usually wear a small in 18 east pants

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I also found that confusing considering I have a 30” waist and usually wear a small in 18 east pants

Sorry about that - I should have taken that out of the template since we didn’t end up shooting these on Sean (we ran out of time). But I would have put him in the XLs to give them the same feeling that the khadi waders had (voluminous). Take your normal size here to have them look like they do on me. They fit true through the waist and seat with a fuller, straight leg. I have to say, particularly based on how I could never get pants to fit right at Eidos, that all the winter pants fit really, really well. It’s so awesome to see how psyched people are when they come out of the fitting room at the studio.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low effort recent pickup post:

1N4dgju.jpg

The bal coat is just amazing. Lots of really cool details like how the pockets have little buttons to attach them to the inside of the coat, and the additional fabric on the inside to add some structure to the chest and shoulders (not unlike a suit). The wool is great too, little specks of brown here and there add another level to it. Love the thickness too -- just right for layering.

And then the waders are just next level. The cable cord fabric is just awesome. My only worry is how the plastic chest attachers will hold up.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Low effort recent pickup post:

1N4dgju.jpg

The bal coat is just amazing. Lots of really cool details like how the pockets have little buttons to attach them to the inside of the coat, and the additional fabric on the inside to add some structure to the chest and shoulders (not unlike a suit). The wool is great too, little specks of brown here and there add another level to it. Love the thickness too -- just right for layering.

And then the waders are just next level. The cable cord fabric is just awesome. My only worry is how the plastic chest attachers will hold up.

All the plastic hardware comes from a very reputable manufacturer that makes for patagonia, columbia, etc. You should be good.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the plastic hardware comes from a very reputable manufacturer that makes for patagonia, columbia, etc. You should be good.

Nice, I figured they would be pretty durable and they seem pretty sturdy. Out of curiousity, what was the design decision to go with the plastic clips instead of the more traditional metal you usually see on overalls? To make them more of a wader and less of an overall?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads