• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It’s a reversible sahasika (the inside is navy tech nylon). We’ve retired the Jampa.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The IM stuff makes sense to me, only because of price-point and the general availability of IM on sale. That's not a slight against 18East, but speaks to the fact that guys looking to buy sweaters in that range have a lot of options.

The shoes, on the other hand, are unique, super versatile, and really reasonably priced for what they are. Not trying to be a shill, but folks should jump on these, especially considering the often crappy shoes (or straight up bare feet) I see posted on this thread.

mrjbeee

Reaction score
Shill​
The IM stuff makes sense to me, only because of price-point and the general availability of IM on sale. That's not a slight against 18East, but speaks to the fact that guys looking to buy sweaters in that range have a lot of options.

The shoes, on the other hand, are unique, super versatile, and really reasonably priced for what they are. Not trying to be a shill, but folks should jump on these, especially considering the often crappy shoes (or straight up bare feet) I see posted on this thread.
Ive been waiting on the padmores and i concur that theyre absolutely special. You don’t find shoes like these out rn. I was debating on getting paraboots or even Clarks beforehand but where’s the fun in that when you see them EVERYWHERE. I’m happy the stone straps are almost gone but I’m surprised the snuff is still available being the most versatile imo.

mrjbeee

Reaction score

But back to the IM collab- you won’t find IM pieces done this way and this collab is one and done so they’re truly one of a kind. Wholeheartedly happy with them and to me the price point truly is worth it.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve purchased a ton of things, including many sweaters - some I have regretted more than others, particularly for quality reasons. IM sweaters are consistently the best sweaters I have ever owned. They hold up well and just kick ass.

mrjbeee

Reaction score
0772834A-1CB3-4D35-932E-59A058B995EF.jpeg
Watch cap + nomad + EZ pants + padmores

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With IM, our goal was to create pieces that were the ultimate representation of the brand and the island; something that was elevated above what they normally make, highlighting their expertise in handwork (Our Mairtin Beag has twice as much hand stitching as anything else in their normal collection) and utilizing their most spectacular yarns in intricate, archival models to create two, best of the best heirloom pieces. When I visited, I went through their entire archive and spent 48 hours with Tarlach and Aine learning about what the men of the island wore and why. The black gansey is THE aran sweater. It was what was traditionally worn on the water every day and that lichen color is omni present on the island, from limestone walls to doors. You can’t unsee it. I know I’m biased, but I think that our version of the Mairtin Beag is the most “Inis Meaín” sweater of anything they’ve ever made. As for the raglan cable, I thought the silhouette with its cabled cuffs and circular cabled yoke was the most beautiful piece in their archive. We selected a very particular yarn (one that they only use on very simple silhouettes due to its extremely high cost) that we thought would be something most people didn’t have in their wardrobe. I’m very proud of the end result, but these two sweaters do cost substantially more than most pieces in their normal collection so it’s not surprising that they haven’t blown out. That said, if you are in NY, I highly recommend coming down to the studio to see them in real life. They really are a couple of those rare, one-of-a-kind pieces that your kids will be fighting over in 50 years.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mairtin Beag is really really good in person. If Antonio had said there was so much other stuff coming down the pipeline soon I probably would have picked it up and called it for the last purchase of the season.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Is anyone else still waiting for a Black Friday purchase? I got a shipping notification a week ago but still lists as "Package Ready for Pickup"

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine was the same for 4/5 days but seems to be moving now. Hopefully the same happens for you.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed two orders during the sale. The first one arrived on Tuesday (also west coast), but the second one is still hasn't been picked up. Both were marked as shipped on 12/2. I got an e-mail from 18 East saying the item I ordered is in a storage facility and should be picked up soon.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Is anyone else still waiting for a Black Friday purchase? I got a shipping notification a week ago but still lists as "Package Ready for Pickup"
I also have been waiting, with nothing but a tracking number for something not shipped yet. I hope something changes by Monday...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads