1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

18 East

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chickenfark, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Riva

Riva Distinguished Member

Probably alien to SF members: Buy the product, not the brand.

2. kevenmee

kevenmee Senior Member

Wasn't MSRP 325?

3. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Yep, $325 retail.

Regarding sizing, for me just the waistband size in the single pleat was mismatched to the leg and seat sizing.

If anything, I’d be surprised if someone who did need a 36-37” waist would find the legs roomy enough for the intended fit.

4. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

This is kind of the point though, they are deliberately big in the waist so that they slouch.

5. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Distinguished Member

Got chest and shoulder measurements?

6. borntoolate

borntoolate Member

yup, will take them tomorrow!

7. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

I love my jungle jacket someone should buy that one

That and the ikat shirt are my faves from the first drop. Also liked the baby cord shirt, had the chance to kop but decided to skip since I didn't know how I felt about two chest pockets

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

I get what you're saying about sizing issues being with people trying to get clothes to fit their sense of style but aren't you doing the same thing by sizing up 1 on the sahasika jacket and sizing up 2 on the embroidered t-shirt? Is that any different from another person sizing down on the shirts? With Eidos I could safely pick up a size large for tops and fit everything. The 18 East shirts fit on the loose/oversized side while the tees ran slim.

I agree with you on the pants, I'm not a fan of loose pants so I've never bought the 18 East ones. I would never try to change them though to fit my style.

9. mythage

I agree with timbaland, the bias towards relaxed fits is no different from others' bias towards slim fits

I also find telling people to "stop worrying" about how their clothes fit to be slightly derisive and unproductive on a forum made for clothes enthusiasts; naturally people worry a little bit. But I do agree that worrying to the point of obsession is unhealthy

10. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

@NickPollica any chance you might lengthen the inseams of your pants in the future? I really love the designs, but the 27-28 inch inseams are too short for me.

11. mythage

+1 would like to see this also! those who prefer the short inseams can still hem them

12. flashjack

flashjack Senior Member

Thirded, I'm not an expert on the cropped silhouette but I'm pretty sure too much shin is a bad thing.

13. d4nimal

d4nimal Senior Member

I love loose pants and slouchy fits but my concern is I’m on the smaller spectrum of both 18east and former Eidos. So with a 31” waist (29” industry standard) and 37 chest I’m already on the cusp of sizing. I wanted to buy one of the later model Eidos belted coats, but being oversized as it is and the paucity of smaller sizes it I couldn't risk it. So when we’re calling an S waist 33-34 it can cause issues fitting a waist or a chest even in XS, esp when the fit is meant to be oversized. Slouchy is one thing, but the waist isn’t one of those measurements where I’m looking for that. I'm well acquainted w/ the plumber's crack and I'm quite certain it's not the vibe anyone is looking or asking for. That being said, I have no issues w/ a shorter inseam or even slouchy shoulders, and am still super hyped for the next drop.

14. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

The inseam measurements are slightly misleading as the rise is substantially longer than most pants that have a 30-32” inseam. I’m roughly 6’4” and wear the L. They sit on my hips with a belt and have a slightly drop crotch, slightly cropped look. This is the intention. If we extend the inseam we would need to shorten the rise. The biggest issue is getting across the concept of alteration at this price point. We deliberately designed the pant with a split back waist band so that taking the waist in would be easy if a slouched look is not something that works for you. Most of the returns have just said they are too big in the waist.

15. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Damn, can we stop comparing these to eidos? Let the homie break free