1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

18 East

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chickenfark, Apr 5, 2018.

1. NickPollica

NickPollica Distinguished Member

That same turtleneck would have cost at least $200 more at Eidos and you and I would be in the same place we are now with a lot less people able to enjoy it.

2. Creasy729

Creasy729 Well-Known Member

I'm totally with realistic shipping charges and customer-paid returns. There's a cost for everything, and I don't mind paying for those privileges.

However, overly-strict return windows and returns for only store credit are where I get lost, as both make me significantly weary of trying something out, particularly where measurements are not necessarily provided in the ordinary course.

I feel like there's a middle ground that's being neglected here.

3. NickPollica

Our return policy is not unusual - its actually quite common if you look at many small brands' own web stores as opposed to multi-brand retailers. It is clearly laid out on our site and if there is some concern about getting something back to us before the 14 day window ends, reach out within the window. As for measurements, we included them for drop two as soon as we updated our policy and we will have them for all styles going forward. We'll also include the measurements of the actual model on the site. Finally and as always, I am here, on email and on Instagram to answer any questions you may have about anything we make. Hopefully this helps to make sizing less of an issue.

PS: We pay for shipping on domestic returns.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Distinguished Member

Do what you gotta do my man.

5. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Distinguished Member

For international orders, too?

6. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Distinguished Member

Most of us admit it.

[​IMG]

You could add $15 to the price of any of these garments and no one would balk at it. Then EVERYONE, regardless of whether they returned a garment or not, would be subsidizing those who did. You still pay these costs at retailers who offer "free" shipping - it's just baked into the product.

7. slimster

slimster Well-Known Member

Well, good luck spending that store credit, there’s a whole three items left as soon as Drop 1 is removed.

8. NickPollica

Sitting on 6 new styles right now, waiting for the balance of drop 3 to roll in. Hopefully we will have drop three up within the month.

9. sartoria vacua

sartoria vacua Senior Member

Well, in the positive vibes category: I bought a jungle jacket that turned out a size too large ~ but kept it and still keeping it b.c somehow these 18e fits work oversized and even over-oversized. Rebirth of the slouch.

My own modus operanda is "good ideas emerge through turbulence" (it's the check we write to make feedback possible) but, man, folks here keep their knives drawn. In the spirit of the jungle jacket tapestry: peace!

10. single origin

single origin Senior Member

Hopefully, more fleeces!

11. NickPollica

The chocolate fleece vest hits in drop three. The black jacket and pant in five.

12. troika

troika Distinguished Member

This is looking really cool.

Screenshot_20190107-084736_Instagram.jpg

Excited for whatever this is gonna be
    Screenshot_20190107-084743_Instagram.jpg

13. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

14. troika

troika Distinguished Member

15. cattitude

cattitude Senior Member

Hoodie came in today, very nice. The color contrast is really unique.

@NickPollica is any shrinkage to be expected with this? Fit is pretty good as is, but there is no “slouchability” with size Small for me, and I couldn’t lose any length.

On that note, if someone wants to swap their unused Medium for my Small, I’d probably do so.