• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimModa

Reaction score
Snagged the
Grabbed the cupro Yousef. Went with my normal size (L), but for some reason think I made a mistake by not going up to an XL.

Probably should've grabbed the single pleats too. I will definitely be kicking myself over that.

If the sizing is anything like the Teal Yousef, which was also made from cupro, I think you should be fine with the L.

Last edited:

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not saying this will be true of the navy pleats, but my cords in size L works fine for waist size 36.

How's the seat/groin? My only other experience with the single pleats is the ikat version, which fit well for 34 waist but the seat/groin was more like 32 territory. May be a different cut though, as the rise and other measurements are off from this diamond weave version and the cable cord version.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
How's the seat/groin? My only other experience with the single pleats is the ikat version, which fit well for 34 waist but the seat/groin was more like 32 territory. May be a different cut though, as the rise and other measurements are off from this diamond weave version and the cable cord version.

The seat/groin were totally fine; not smaller.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought the Yousef would be the first thing to go. Have been waiting for this one since it was first teased, so stoked to pick it up. Also loved the single pleat cords, so grabbed the navy diamond weave.

Like someone said, a drop when you get what you're after is a good drop!

1600874649415.png

bnmrs

Reaction score
anyone previously had any luck combining orders? still got some bits waiting to ship from the prev drop and 2 x UK shipping is £££...

briancly

Reaction score
This drop felt really good. Maybe my wallet disagrees a bit, but if you're on the dot and you're able to cart multiple items, that's a win in my book. Antonio said he was going deeper this drop, and you can feel that. Couldn't predict what would sell out right away, but most things did sell out pretty fast too. A bit more optimistic than last drop where everything sat for a while.

Now here's to hoping the nylon isn't back to the usual pants frenzy where everything disappears right away...

briancly

Reaction score
anyone previously had any luck combining orders? still got some bits waiting to ship from the prev drop and 2 x UK shipping is £££...

They don't combine orders, since it's a pain from a logistical and tracking standpoint. With that being said, 18 East is pretty darn cheap for what you get (I always say that retail price is already sale price), so paying the extra shipping to make sure you get what you want isn't that bad all things considered.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I loved all the short sleeve shirts, but I have a hard time justifying getting more than one, that section of my closet it pretty full. Got the cupro, almost got the Pionta but I waffled and it sold out.

bnmrs

Reaction score
They don't combine orders, since it's a pain from a logistical and tracking standpoint. With that being said, 18 East is pretty darn cheap for what you get (I always say that retail price is already sale price), so paying the extra shipping to make sure you get what you want isn't that bad all things considered.

not so cheap when you get clobbered with customs charges too

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not so cheap when you get clobbered with customs charges too
I hear you and I'm in the same boat, but that's part of the game, unfortunately. The only other option is to get someone willing to proxy for you. Thankfully 18E is great value to start with, so think of it as coming out even rather than being disadvantaged.

bnmrs

Reaction score
I hear you and I'm in the same boat, but that's part of the game, unfortunately. The only other option is to get someone willing to proxy for you. Thankfully 18E is great value to start with, so think of it as coming out even rather than being disadvantaged.

it is what it is i guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads