• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Are navy cabled cords still a thing? (I want them to be, regardless of the diamond weave, which I also want.)

LeBeef

Reaction score
Are navy cabled cords still a thing? (I want them to be, regardless of the diamond weave, which I also want.)
Ooh, forgot about that. The cabled cords last winter looked great and navy would be awesome.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new one? It’s not a herringbone - it’s a diamond weave. Hopefully Wednesday, but could be the 30th.
My bad, I could have sworn you called it a jacquard herringbone earlier. Maybe that was someone else. Or maybe I'm just losing it. 2020 is a helluva drug.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cabled cord is *so good* by the way. I'm glad I went a bit outside my comfort zone and grabbed the fisherman waders (overalls). Ended up wearing them a ton last winter and I'm sure I will this coming season too.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
The cabled cord is *so good* by the way. I'm glad I went a bit outside my comfort zone and grabbed the fisherman waders (overalls). Ended up wearing them a ton last winter and I'm sure I will this coming season too.
Am definitely bummed I missed on those overalls. Do have the red cords however and I love the shit outta them!

Unique fabrics will get me almost every damn time. Those cords, the gorecki fabric, the AKC2 woven fabric, the herringbone gauze-they are all so singular (to me, anyway) and incredible. READY FOR MORE.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am definitely bummed I missed on those overalls. Do have the red cords however and I love the shit outta them!

Unique fabrics will get me almost every damn time. Those cords, the gorecki fabric, the AKC2 woven fabric, the herringbone gauze-they are all so singular (to me, anyway) and incredible. READY FOR MORE.
The overalls are actually like, one of my favorite 18 east pieces now. I'm still too much of a chickenshit to just rock them with a shirt underneath, but I toss over the black 18 east x SI thermal or a sweater and wear them all the time. So goddamn comfortable. My wife even loves them, although she does give me jokes like "get a corncob pipe and a PBR" or "when are you going fishing?". She's a good woman.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was lucky enough to snag a black one in medium yesterday. Love this jacket.

View attachment 1461457

The photos online don't do either color justice, but the black one especially. Heavier than expected too, which I dig.
Looks great! How much are these going for?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

$375. In-store only so came out just north of $400 after tax.
Not bad. I think the 18E pullover was $325, but this one is overdyed, so it seems fairly priced.

The material is so nice though, love all the detail in it! Seem crazy to me that 18E still has stock in the pullover, get on it if you don’t have one already!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's