• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LeBeef

Reaction score
Just curious, what makes a kurta a kurta? I have a long band collar popover shirt from camoshita that I think was advertised just like that and have seen some other Japanese brands call them “long shirts.” The one I have doesn’t have pockets. Anyways, is there anything distinctively that would make it a kurta?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious, what makes a kurta a kurta? I have a long band collar popover shirt from camoshita that I think was advertised just like that and have seen some other Japanese brands call them “long shirts.” The one I have doesn’t have pockets. Anyways, is there anything distinctively that would make it a kurta?
A kurta is the name for a long shirt in India. There are many, many different designs. You frequently find them with a single, on the side seam pocket, though some have two and some have none.

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A kurta is the name for a long shirt in India. There are many, many different designs. You frequently find them with a single, on the side seam pocket, though some have two and some have none.
I'd add that one thing that separates a kurta from a long shirt is that kurta is popover and has a half placket!

robat19

Reaction score
Was it supposed to have an 18 East tag on the outside though?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.