• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1392842
What y’all think? Size down?
Throw it in the washer and dryer once and you’re set. Trust me - this is the answer and the coat will look way better afterwards.
So I washed and dried my Safari and @NickPollica is right (as if I had any doubts) the material is way better after!

I would guess the sleeves shrunk maybe 0.5- 0.75" and maybe a small bit in the length of the body. The material has loosened up, giving it a wrinkled texture/ worn look and the color has more variance now too. I would highly recommend it!

jsoo24

Reaction score
So I washed and dried my Safari and @NickPollica is right (as if I had any doubts) the material is way better after!

I would guess the sleeves shrunk maybe 0.5- 0.75" and maybe a small bit in the length of the body. The material has loosened up, giving it a wrinkled texture/ worn look and the color has more variance now too. I would highly recommend it!
Appreciate it! Small sold out so will try this with my medium

ecerratic

Reaction score
I got a bit wild this week and picked up some older pieces. Trying to make the argument for skinny dude sizes haha

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am eyeballing some of that. The fishing parka calls to me although given it is early June...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this 18 East shirt I'm willing to part with. Brand new with tags, size L. Don't remember which drop. Never got around to wearing it, and looking to lighten my closet. Asking $110 shipped in the U.S. PM if interested.

IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG IMG_4171.JPG

Unkn0vvn

Reaction score
Appreciate it! Small sold out so will try this with my medium
Was looking forward to someone washing their safari jacket and letting us know how it went! Can I ask how you washed the jacket since I'm looking to shrink down the jacket a bit?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was looking forward to someone washing their safari jacket and letting us know how it went! Can I ask how you washed the jacket since I'm looking to shrink down the jacket a bit?
I washed mine on cold and then on medium heat in the drier. I checked on it every 10 mins or so, just to make sure it wasn’t going to shrink to much.

I’m wearing the jacket today, and the material is totally different in a good way. The material was fairly stiff for a linen and had a slight sheen. Now it’s a lot softer, looser and moves better. It’s also puckered giving it more depth and texture.

ecerratic

Reaction score
The first of the orders came today so some quick thoughts. The other won’t be for a bit since it’s still in the store.

navy blue safari jacket - much heftier than I thought it would be. However, this is going to be a go to for chill mornings. Love the textures, the buttons, the whole thing. I’ve been tempted by getting an old French chore jacket but never made the actual leap. This is kinda fills that gap. I didn’t size up in this so it’s much more true to size - I went size small @155-160ish pounds and 6’1-6’2

civilian od overshirt - this thing is a work of art. One of those shirts you just go “oh ****” when you actually throw it on and see it in person. Perfect weight and again, I didn’t go oversize and went tts with a size small. Love the top button.

basically going to be in one of these or the sahasika when it arrives haha

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubt it's this week, I'm not even sure Antonio finished shipping everything last week. He said he was aiming to get everything out Thursday but I never got a tracking number or delivery yet. With everything going on though, it's not a big deal.

tennessee

Reaction score
Doubt it's this week, I'm not even sure Antonio finished shipping everything last week. He said he was aiming to get everything out Thursday but I never got a tracking number or delivery yet. With everything going on though, it's not a big deal.
Same, still waiting on a pre-order nylon cap to ship from a 5/15 order. No complaining but really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads