• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SimModa

Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone with a white vito? I just noticed after washing it. I washed it on cold on the hand washing setting and hung to dry.
05F43CA2-1E98-4A00-B6AF-695EA098EDE0.jpeg
DC874B52-F158-40CA-B06C-25C3A9ADD124.jpeg

Never had anything like that happen to my 18 East gear. Has this ever happened to you other clothes? If so, it could be an issue with the washer

robat19

Reaction score
That person is hardly making anything after fees so I’m not sure what’s up with that.

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score
That person is hardly making anything after fees so I’m not sure what’s up with that.

exactly what I was going to say. Wonder if he copped the wrong size by accident or is just an idiot. Or regretted the purchase.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fees are $20 for grailed? Never sold anything on there.

People have basically done the same thing on the forum here, add $40 to the retail price of the item to cover the cost of shipping to them and to the buyer. They probably only make like $5 but have to go through the hassle of going to the post office so it's worth it.

robat19

Reaction score
Fees are $20 for grailed? Never sold anything on there.

People have basically done the same thing on the forum here, add $40 to the retail price of the item to cover the cost of shipping to them and to the buyer. They probably only make like $5 but have to go through the hassle of going to the post office so it's worth it.
It’s like 10%

Symphony

Reaction score
If you're honestly gonna be goofy enough to try copping to sell for double, you deserve to lose your order. Reselling culture is incredibly ridiculous at this point. People can't buy stuff nowadays without having to fight a bunch of herbs trying to make a quick buck.

I think Noah NYC did something similar early on, where if they found out you were reselling they'd cancel your order.

Reaction score
Never had anything like that happen to my 18 East gear. Has this ever happened to you other clothes? If so, it could be an issue with the washer
Hasn’t happened to anything I’ve washed. And this washing machine is two years old. Pretty bummed out but I’ll make it work, if it gets any worse maybe a subtle patchwork job will even add some character. It’s pretty hard to spot, especially on body.

gardenvariety

Reaction score
If you're honestly gonna be goofy enough to try copping to sell for double, you deserve to lose your order. Reselling culture is incredibly ridiculous at this point. People can't buy stuff nowadays without having to fight a bunch of herbs trying to make a quick buck.

I think Noah NYC did something similar early on, where if they found out you were reselling they'd cancel your order.

Errolson from Acronym did this at least a couple times in recent years, i agree with everyone that it's a great practice for brands to cancel reseller orders when possible.

That said, this problem only happens because of the drop structure. I'm not a fan of drops period. I get that it hypes up and sells product well, which is a good thing for small brands' survival... but for customers it results in more impulse purchases and panic buying (for this reason, I don't try to buy anything at the time of a drop). It's frustrating to me that some item may sell out not because it's good, but because it's limited.

Symphony

Reaction score
Errolson from Acronym did this at least a couple times in recent years, i agree with everyone that it's a great practice for brands to cancel reseller orders when possible.

That said, this problem only happens because of the drop structure. I'm not a fan of drops period. I get that it hypes up and sells product well, which is a good thing for small brands' survival... but for customers it results in more impulse purchases and panic buying (for this reason, I don't try to buy anything at the time of a drop). It's frustrating to me that some item may sell out not because it's good, but because it's limited.

I think drop structure is fine if a brand is small though. I mean, it'd be like this every time you released new product due to not having as much stock. Though, that's still an understandable premise.

Now for brands like Supreme, yeah it's pretty terrible. Especially since they have the money to actually increase stock, but know exclusivity = notoriety.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate missing out on stuff but, big or small, I think I’would always err on the side of not having inventory sitting around because I though it would sell out but it didn’t.

ecerratic

Reaction score

I see it as there’s a lot of good information given before a product drops whether it is the Instagram page or here in this thread. Sizing recommendations, quantity, times.. all those things are posted a good while before everyone does a mad scramble on Thursday mornings. That should cut out the impulse panic buy.

Using myself as an example, I was a bit apprehensive in regards to the cargo shirt sizing, but because of this thread I got the info and when it came time to buy, I didn’t have to guess or look at size charts and panic. I clicked the size and checked out.

For tings like the cargo pants, yeh, you gotta be quick due to quantity and it sucks to miss out. But as cool as this stuff is, it’s just clothes at the end of the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads