• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JayDotz

Reaction score
I feel like with 18east, general rule of thumb is TTS or size up. 300+ pages in, if you're still sizing down, you living in the past man.

(Still look back at the denim shirt I returned because I went TTS an initially thought it was too big :sadface: )
I agree.....except in the case of my past purchase sizing down was recommended in the description.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I went TTS in the SI thermal - did not read description - and it is not wearable for me. Usually whatever Antonio recommends is what I do.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I went TTS in the SI thermal - did not read description - and it is not wearable for me. Usually whatever Antonio recommends is what I do.
Hot wash and dry on high. If that doesn’t work just cut them hem (which is what I did).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To do my part: yesterday, I received the Yousef Camp Shirt, size M (size down), and the Shelter Camp Short, size L (normal size). Typically, I'm somewhere between an M and an L (~41" chest, 34" waist). I took the instructions on the website.

Interestingly, I could have taken an L in the Yousef - I wouldn't say the M is tight, but it certainly isn't oversized or even very roomy. Conversely, in the Shelter, the L was fairly large but still comfortable, but I do not think I could have sized up without a significant amount of sag (which I don't really do). Already, the shorts fall to my hips, and the drawstring is not super effective at cinching the waist (although it does not appear that it is intended to do so), i.e., you are not going to get an inch or two from the drawstring. The Shelter are really, really, really comfortable though, and even though I did not order them, I am considering keeping them.

Of course, this is just my opinion and YMMV.
You're making me happy that I missed the size down instructions on my incoming L Yousef, i'm probably 1/2 size larger than you all around. And also feeling good about the camp shorts in the same order.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica any tees coming soon with embroidery or what's it called with the designs stitched in? Preferably not white as I already have the flag tee and the one with those blue and red designs.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica any tees coming soon with embroidery or what's it called with the designs stitched in? Preferably not white as I already have the flag tee and the one with those blue and red designs.
The hand embroidered tees are on hold since they’re done in India.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WFH stylez featuring Eide trousers. Got them shortly before the shelter-in-place order in the Bay Area was issued. Super comfy for being home and toasty on colder days.

ETA: these are size L. I’m usually a 33-34/50-52 waist.

0BE8C104-0326-498F-82BF-EEDDAD397F7A.jpeg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.