• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

d4nimal

Reaction score
This is deliberate because I’d like them to fit how they look on the model, but the response to the fit has been so positive overall that I’d be crazy to change it. That said, they’re too small for cargos. Size up.
I feel like this conversation about which fit is "correct" has its place, but the real question has always been about what fit is correct for what you are trying to do. Classic menswear is the most rigid about this, but even then its not as if the Italians, English, and Americans have ever come together in unanimous voice and proclaimed "the shoulder should definitely fit this way, I think we all agree." Being conscious of the way something wears and the silhouette it gives you is far better than saying "X should always fit in Y manner." That's how we ended up five years ago with almost everyone saying pants should be slim and flat fronted. The idea of baggy cargo pants (though it seems we're calling baggy "slouchy" now) would have given people a heart attack back then. Flat fronted slim pants (or even skinny pants) still have their place even today, as long as you know why you would wear them. I can't think of any article of clothing that I'd say should always fit or be worn in a particular manner by every person. Thom Browne's suit revolution wasn't "wrong," it was just a specific viewpoint on how he wanted them to look. Neither was it wrong for men to say they wanted their pant breaks to be in the same zip code as their shoes.

I don't like the way pants feel or look when I have to cinch them up to not have them fall down. Feels funny to me where it gathers, and sometimes it makes the pockets (or whatever is being pulled over) too narrow or unbalanced. If you're trying to wear 18E in the manner that Antonio envisions it, then sizing up is the answer. If you acknowledge that and choose to wear it with a more conventional fit, that's not wrong either. It's just not intended by the designer.

And it's making Antonio sad.

Jonas251

Reaction score
I feel like this conversation about which fit is "correct" has its place, but the real question has always been about what fit is correct for what you are trying to do. Classic menswear is the most rigid about this, but even then its not as if the Italians, English, and Americans have ever come together in unanimous voice and proclaimed "the shoulder should definitely fit this way, I think we all agree." Being conscious of the way something wears and the silhouette it gives you is far better than saying "X should always fit in Y manner." That's how we ended up five years ago with almost everyone saying pants should be slim and flat fronted. The idea of baggy cargo pants (though it seems we're calling baggy "slouchy" now) would have given people a heart attack back then. Flat fronted slim pants (or even skinny pants) still have their place even today, as long as you know why you would wear them. I can't think of any article of clothing that I'd say should always fit or be worn in a particular manner by every person. Thom Browne's suit revolution wasn't "wrong," it was just a specific viewpoint on how he wanted them to look. Neither was it wrong for men to say they wanted their pant breaks to be in the same zip code as their shoes.

I don't like the way pants feel or look when I have to cinch them up to not have them fall down. Feels funny to me where it gathers, and sometimes it makes the pockets (or whatever is being pulled over) too narrow or unbalanced. If you're trying to wear 18E in the manner that Antonio envisions it, then sizing up is the answer. If you acknowledge that and choose to wear it with a more conventional fit, that's not wrong either. It's just not intended by the designer.

And it's making Antonio sad.
Obviously Antonio has very strong opinions and preferences and that is part of why the 18 East product is so unique. That being said at the end of the day I agree fit should always be based on personal preference and often times the most stylish people stick their nose up at designer’s intentions. Just to make things easier, here is a pick of me in the xs. Antonio may not like the way they fit here (or he does, but what does it matter, I’m very happy with them), but I think the point is to encourage op that he can get a pair that will fit him well in whichever way he chooses to wear them.

Attachments

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How much do the Tapiro pants shrink? I just got my pair, size L, and they're pretty big. I also originally ordered these to be a suit with the Osman jacket but I ended up not getting the jacket due to an inventory error so I may prefer the Goreckis if I'm not getting a matching set.
But does anyone have experience with how much the Tapiro pants shrink? Significantly? @NickPollica

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the wrong shorts :(. Got the Camp instead of the Booth.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received the wrong shorts :(. Got the Camp instead of the Booth.
I can’t actually tell you how happy I am to read this as i realized I made this mistake at 1am last night and had no idea how to solve it.

DM me deets and I’ll get the right ones out to you asap.

This may have happened to 2 or 3 of you as I’ve been up late every night trying to catch up and the two shorts look nearly identical in the small icon on shopify. I am an idiot. If this happened to you shoot me a DM here and I will get it sorted with overnight shipping immediately.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In stock, XL

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

zenosparadox

Reaction score
Anyone have any fitting advice/pics on the green giro inglese civilian overshirt? I know it says TTS, but I'm wondering if I might be able to size down one size to a M.

platinumtooth

Reaction score
Anyone have any fitting advice/pics on the green giro inglese civilian overshirt? I know it says TTS, but I'm wondering if I might be able to size down one size to a M.
It's pretty TTS, maybe a touch oversized. Not voluminous or nothing. This was me last week at work hating life (in a size L). I'm 5'8", 185#.
IMG_3230.jpg

CPAJay1221

Reaction score
Damn how could the Yousefs be gone? I was legit refreshing the site every second from when the IG story came out. :brick:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.