• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it going to come down to how loose you want them to be? I would say medium should be fine but you could size up if you want a looser fit.

Goreckis have a fairly short inseam and they have hem ties, so they’re supposed have a bunched look anyways.

robat19

Reaction score
I was leaning towards medium. And yeah I am going for the bunched look as they’re supposed to be, just wasn’t sure if it would be too much on me as I’m so short and they’re already pretty bunched on the models who are close to 6’.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also have a fairly high rise (12” on med) so pull them up they won’t be so long. I think this style can be worn sloppy and still look great!

Jonas251

Reaction score
I was leaning towards medium. And yeah I am going for the bunched look as they’re supposed to be, just wasn’t sure if it would be too much on me as I’m so short and they’re already pretty bunched on the models who are close to 6’.

the models are all wearing like 2 sizes larger than they probably could fit into. For reference I’m 5’10, skinny as **** (like a 28.5 waist) and I’m wearing an Xs size rn. it’s plenty loose and the inseam is like right down towards my ankle so basicallybunches or doesn’t depending on shoes (good bunch on af1’s, almost none when I’m wearing vans or converse). I also haveput Them in washer and dryer on highmany times so they shrunk a bit.
My advise is just get size you want for waist and if they are too long just tumble dry after washing and they will shrink (and the fabric will get more pronounced).
Edit: the models are all sagging the pants too, the rise is high enough that you could pull of totally different looks just depending where on ur waist u wear them.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How much do the Tapiro pants shrink? I just got my pair, size L, and they're pretty big. I also originally ordered these to be a suit with the Osman jacket but I ended up not getting the jacket due to an inventory error so I may prefer the Goreckis if I'm not getting a matching set.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as a gorecki counterpoint. I got my pair (in natural) in size L, which was my usual size for other things. They fit well but I wish I had sized up. After a wash and dry they still fit will, but I'm regretting not having more slouch in them. If I get another pair I'd be going up to XL.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How thick is the cotton for the Gorecki pants? Similar to sweat pants?

robat19

Reaction score
Just as a gorecki counterpoint. I got my pair (in natural) in size L, which was my usual size for other things. They fit well but I wish I had sized up. After a wash and dry they still fit will, but I'm regretting not having more slouch in them. If I get another pair I'd be going up to XL.
What’s your typical waist? Measured and vanity size?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s your typical waist? Measured and vanity size?

Looks like I've gotten fatter (thanks coronavirus). Normally I'm a 34-35 but tonight I measured at 36. That could be the wine though. :p

robat19

Reaction score
Looks like I've gotten fatter (thanks coronavirus). Normally I'm a 34-35 but tonight I measured at 36. That could be the wine though. :p
Im usually like a 34 which usually comes out to 32 tag size in most raw denim.

Jonas251

Reaction score
How thick is the cotton for the Gorecki pants? Similar to sweat pants?

It’s lighter. Kinda tough cause there are so many places where the fabric is doubled, like the crotch and knees. The pants feel very light but are substantive in a sense where you could skateboard or whatever in them and not be worried. I also have a hard time stopping myself from sleeping in them. It’s a pretty unique product. If I had to guess I’d say it’s 10oz

mrjbeee

Reaction score
C43D0B7B-0C7C-4CE9-8B1A-04D5607EED52.jpeg
Bucket + Osman + camp shorts

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the models are all wearing like 2 sizes larger than they probably could fit into. For reference I’m 5’10, skinny as **** (like a 28.5 waist) and I’m wearing an Xs size rn. it’s plenty loose and the inseam is like right down towards my ankle so basicallybunches or doesn’t depending on shoes (good bunch on af1’s, almost none when I’m wearing vans or converse). I also haveput Them in washer and dryer on highmany times so they shrunk a bit.
My advise is just get size you want for waist and if they are too long just tumble dry after washing and they will shrink (and the fabric will get more pronounced).
Edit: the models are all sagging the pants too, the rise is high enough that you could pull of totally different looks just depending where on ur waist u wear them.

This is deliberate because I’d like them to fit how they look on the model, but the response to the fit has been so positive overall that I’d be crazy to change it. That said, they’re too small for cargos. Size up.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is deliberate because I’d like them to fit how they look on the model, but the response to the fit has been so positive overall that I’d be crazy to change it. That said, they’re too small for cargos. Size up.
I feel like this conversation about which fit is "correct" has its place, but the real question has always been about what fit is correct for what you are trying to do. Classic menswear is the most rigid about this, but even then its not as if the Italians, English, and Americans have ever come together in unanimous voice and proclaimed "the shoulder should definitely fit this way, I think we all agree." Being conscious of the way something wears and the silhouette it gives you is far better than saying "X should always fit in Y manner." That's how we ended up five years ago with almost everyone saying pants should be slim and flat fronted. The idea of baggy cargo pants (though it seems we're calling baggy "slouchy" now) would have given people a heart attack back then. Flat fronted slim pants (or even skinny pants) still have their place even today, as long as you know why you would wear them. I can't think of any article of clothing that I'd say should always fit or be worn in a particular manner by every person. Thom Browne's suit revolution wasn't "wrong," it was just a specific viewpoint on how he wanted them to look. Neither was it wrong for men to say they wanted their pant breaks to be in the same zip code as their shoes.

I don't like the way pants feel or look when I have to cinch them up to not have them fall down. Feels funny to me where it gathers, and sometimes it makes the pockets (or whatever is being pulled over) too narrow or unbalanced. If you're trying to wear 18E in the manner that Antonio envisions it, then sizing up is the answer. If you acknowledge that and choose to wear it with a more conventional fit, that's not wrong either. It's just not intended by the designer.

And it's making Antonio sad.

Jonas251

Reaction score
I feel like this conversation about which fit is "correct" has its place, but the real question has always been about what fit is correct for what you are trying to do. Classic menswear is the most rigid about this, but even then its not as if the Italians, English, and Americans have ever come together in unanimous voice and proclaimed "the shoulder should definitely fit this way, I think we all agree." Being conscious of the way something wears and the silhouette it gives you is far better than saying "X should always fit in Y manner." That's how we ended up five years ago with almost everyone saying pants should be slim and flat fronted. The idea of baggy cargo pants (though it seems we're calling baggy "slouchy" now) would have given people a heart attack back then. Flat fronted slim pants (or even skinny pants) still have their place even today, as long as you know why you would wear them. I can't think of any article of clothing that I'd say should always fit or be worn in a particular manner by every person. Thom Browne's suit revolution wasn't "wrong," it was just a specific viewpoint on how he wanted them to look. Neither was it wrong for men to say they wanted their pant breaks to be in the same zip code as their shoes.

I don't like the way pants feel or look when I have to cinch them up to not have them fall down. Feels funny to me where it gathers, and sometimes it makes the pockets (or whatever is being pulled over) too narrow or unbalanced. If you're trying to wear 18E in the manner that Antonio envisions it, then sizing up is the answer. If you acknowledge that and choose to wear it with a more conventional fit, that's not wrong either. It's just not intended by the designer.

And it's making Antonio sad.

Obviously Antonio has very strong opinions and preferences and that is part of why the 18 East product is so unique. That being said at the end of the day I agree fit should always be based on personal preference and often times the most stylish people stick their nose up at designer’s intentions. Just to make things easier, here is a pick of me in the xs. Antonio may not like the way they fit here (or he does, but what does it matter, I’m very happy with them), but I think the point is to encourage op that he can get a pair that will fit him well in whichever way he chooses to wear them.

Attachments

• C19BE4EF-D719-4754-A0F1-41BBD9686896.jpeg
    C19BE4EF-D719-4754-A0F1-41BBD9686896.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 257

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads