• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually considering the feasibility of doing that and looking at processes. It seems like the potential for doing this well varies greatly depending on fabric. I'd love recommendations from anyone with practical experience in doing this. Or perhaps I'll just risk it and go for the undyed jacket!
I just used indigo dye and dipped it four or five times till it was the shade I wanted. Pretty easy to do, just use a basin or sink you don’t mind getting indigo-y.

robat19

Reaction score
Hey guys. New here and looking to pick up some goreckis on Thursday and am wondering if anyone that’s around 5’ 6” can give any input on how they fit. I’m usually a 32 waist so I’m probably a M/L. Wondering if they’re going to be pretty bunched up on me or if they’ll be okay.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it going to come down to how loose you want them to be? I would say medium should be fine but you could size up if you want a looser fit.

Goreckis have a fairly short inseam and they have hem ties, so they’re supposed have a bunched look anyways.

robat19

Reaction score
I was leaning towards medium. And yeah I am going for the bunched look as they’re supposed to be, just wasn’t sure if it would be too much on me as I’m so short and they’re already pretty bunched on the models who are close to 6’.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They also have a fairly high rise (12” on med) so pull them up they won’t be so long. I think this style can be worn sloppy and still look great!

Jonas251

Reaction score
I was leaning towards medium. And yeah I am going for the bunched look as they’re supposed to be, just wasn’t sure if it would be too much on me as I’m so short and they’re already pretty bunched on the models who are close to 6’.
the models are all wearing like 2 sizes larger than they probably could fit into. For reference I’m 5’10, skinny as fuck (like a 28.5 waist) and I’m wearing an Xs size rn. it’s plenty loose and the inseam is like right down towards my ankle so basicallybunches or doesn’t depending on shoes (good bunch on af1’s, almost none when I’m wearing vans or converse). I also haveput Them in washer and dryer on highmany times so they shrunk a bit.
My advise is just get size you want for waist and if they are too long just tumble dry after washing and they will shrink (and the fabric will get more pronounced).
Edit: the models are all sagging the pants too, the rise is high enough that you could pull of totally different looks just depending where on ur waist u wear them.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How much do the Tapiro pants shrink? I just got my pair, size L, and they're pretty big. I also originally ordered these to be a suit with the Osman jacket but I ended up not getting the jacket due to an inventory error so I may prefer the Goreckis if I'm not getting a matching set.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as a gorecki counterpoint. I got my pair (in natural) in size L, which was my usual size for other things. They fit well but I wish I had sized up. After a wash and dry they still fit will, but I'm regretting not having more slouch in them. If I get another pair I'd be going up to XL.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How thick is the cotton for the Gorecki pants? Similar to sweat pants?

robat19

Reaction score
Just as a gorecki counterpoint. I got my pair (in natural) in size L, which was my usual size for other things. They fit well but I wish I had sized up. After a wash and dry they still fit will, but I'm regretting not having more slouch in them. If I get another pair I'd be going up to XL.
What’s your typical waist? Measured and vanity size?

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s your typical waist? Measured and vanity size?
Looks like I've gotten fatter (thanks coronavirus). Normally I'm a 34-35 but tonight I measured at 36. That could be the wine though. :p

robat19

Reaction score
Looks like I've gotten fatter (thanks coronavirus). Normally I'm a 34-35 but tonight I measured at 36. That could be the wine though. :p
Im usually like a 34 which usually comes out to 32 tag size in most raw denim.

Jonas251

Reaction score
How thick is the cotton for the Gorecki pants? Similar to sweat pants?
It’s lighter. Kinda tough cause there are so many places where the fabric is doubled, like the crotch and knees. The pants feel very light but are substantive in a sense where you could skateboard or whatever in them and not be worried. I also have a hard time stopping myself from sleeping in them. It’s a pretty unique product. If I had to guess I’d say it’s 10oz

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the models are all wearing like 2 sizes larger than they probably could fit into. For reference I’m 5’10, skinny as fuck (like a 28.5 waist) and I’m wearing an Xs size rn. it’s plenty loose and the inseam is like right down towards my ankle so basicallybunches or doesn’t depending on shoes (good bunch on af1’s, almost none when I’m wearing vans or converse). I also haveput Them in washer and dryer on highmany times so they shrunk a bit.
My advise is just get size you want for waist and if they are too long just tumble dry after washing and they will shrink (and the fabric will get more pronounced).
Edit: the models are all sagging the pants too, the rise is high enough that you could pull of totally different looks just depending where on ur waist u wear them.
This is deliberate because I’d like them to fit how they look on the model, but the response to the fit has been so positive overall that I’d be crazy to change it. That said, they’re too small for cargos. Size up.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.