• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Went ahead and popped the tag off these mediums after not having any luck snagging a size or two up. Sagging a bit to make them work on my long legs...

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any taller guys wearing 18 East pants? I’m 6’2” and generally go for a 33”-34” inseam. That 29”-ish inseam scares me off, even though I know the rise is on the long side.

I think I remember Antonio is tall so they’d probably be fine. Just don’t want to end up with a cropped look.

Glad I’ll be able to stop by the shop soon and try some out.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any taller guys wearing 18 East pants? I’m 6’2” and generally go for a 33”-34” inseam. That 29”-ish inseam scares me off, even though I know the rise is on the long side.

I think I remember Antonio is tall so they’d probably be fine. Just don’t want to end up with a cropped look.

I’m almost 6’4” and I wear our pants nearly every day.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m 6’3” and wear a 34” inseam.

The pants work. They aren’t dress pants so I’m not as finicky with the height.

I don’t dry them though - can’t have them going much shorter.

everyday

Reaction score
I still find them too short at 6'2 33. Especially the winter ones, it just gets cold around the feet, with this being the “look” or not.
I also think part of the fun of over-size is to have your pants pooling around your shoes.
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 06.13.36.png
And I am aware that this is not 18 East and this model is probably short compared to the rest in this lookbook. And maybe it's just not for us to wear this look.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The model in the pictures above is 5’10” fwiw

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Tried on my Wainscott Aran again over the weekend while trying to figure out what I do and don't fit in anymore (getting in shape has taken a toll on my closet), and was stoked to learn it fits better than it ever did before.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
I think the invite and the design are funny and y'all are being uptight tryhards.

Also, I'm 6'10" and I've been scared to try 18 East pants too. Excited to try them out next time I'm in NYC.

bnd6xc

Reaction score

Easing up on 6’3 in the post above yours. Medium cargos definitely land at ankle length, but had I gotten L or XL which is probably what I would have gone for if available, the extra rise + inseam would be helpful. Necessary or not is probably a matter of personal preference.

Spehsmonkey

Reaction score
I think the invite and the design are funny and y'all are being uptight tryhards.
Must be nice to be you, man, unable to even imagine why it might be pretty crass to some to see jokes about women who are forced to fuck fetishist assholes because they have no other options in life. Swell.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if one wants an original Nomad cardigan how does one even begin to size?

I take shirts with a 25" pit to pit. In sweaters that can drop to 24".

So how would I go about knowing my nomad size (or knowing more or less since I know knits allow considerable play)?

trackday_bro

Reaction score
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190320195034367_COVER.jpg

having a racism firesale, selling this Kelsang Camp Shirt - size L

deals available for other confirmed racists

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.