• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$1500 in macys gift cards-what should I get

millionaire75

Reaction score
We have about $1500 in macy's gift cards from our wedding. I know macys isn't popular here but any suggestions on what we should spend it on? Luggage? A LOT of cologne/perfume? Thanks.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pots and pans, or a lot of underwear. I have trouble finding anything in the clothing sections. Maybe you could find a few Polo shirts.

millionaire75

Reaction score
Great idea, thanks! One thing that sucks is macys doesn't let you use coupons when using gift cards.

freefinancialadvice

Reaction score
A crib. a changing table. and baby clothes.

or-

take a 20% hit and sell those F***ers on Ebay. Macy's really has nothing unless you're into window treatments, kitchen appliances, or some furniture.

millionaire75

Reaction score
So I guess a Hugo Boss suit at full retail is out of the question? I kid...

MLIW

Reaction score
Probably best to buy kitchen essentials which will last you for a long time, le creuset etc or maybe some furniture?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you use it at Bloomingdales?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some good knives
Get some pans
get the hell out of Macys

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Things for your kitchen. They have all clad, le creuset, kitchenaid, wusthof. They also have some decent rugs and bedding.
+1

Seriously, get some really nice sheets. This is what my wife and I did and I don't regret it bit. The Hotel Collection is the best stuff they have there and you can typcially find it on sale every other weekend, it seems. You may find other sheets that have higher thread counts, but the Hotel Collection is their primo stuff.

You could also get some furniture. Not sure where you're located, but the downtown Chicago store has a pretty fabulous furniture department.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by millionaire75
Great idea, thanks! One thing that sucks is macys doesn't let you use coupons when using gift cards.

That is not true! You can use coupon(s) when using your gift card. You might encounter an incident where the coupon is catering to Macys card holder only.

You can not use your Macys gift cards at Bloomingdales.

Depending on where you live, you might get some decent things at Macys. For example, Macys in SF Union Square carries Blue Label suits. And I got some at very attractive prices (~$200).

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy
That is not true! You can use coupon(s) when using your gift card. You might encounter an incident where the coupon is catering to Macys card holder only.

You can not use your Macys gift cards at Bloomingdales.

Depending on where you live, you might get some decent things at Macys. For example, Macys in SF Union Square carries Blue Label suits. And I got some at very attractive prices (~$200).

Was this recent? Would love to grab a blue label suit for sub $300.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UnFacconable
Was this recent? Would love to grab a blue label suit for sub $300.

3 weeks ago. The Fall/Winter suits were marked down to $199.99. Now they are all gone.

I think the Spring suits will go on sale at the end of May and eventually goes down the same path to $199.99. That will have to be end of August or early September.

Again, I only saw blue labels suits at the SF Union Square Macys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads