• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$150 for borrelli shirt

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you pay $150 for a NWT powder blue twill French cuff dress shirt from Borrelli or does this seem overpriced?

Thanks.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
price seems about right to me. might be on the high side if it's ebay, as opposed to a B&M store.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you pay $150 for a NWT powder blue twill French cuff dress shirt from Borrelli or does this seem overpriced?

Thanks.
The price is reasonable. This is around the fair market value for ebay, as well as the (lower) ballpark figure that places like Sak's Off Fifth outlet, and Filene's Basement, charges.

I have two NWT Borrelli shirts, from last season, that I am going to put on ebay. One is 15.5" and is heather gray. The other is a darker blue twill, with French cuffs, size 16. I was going to start them at $119 with a buy-it-now of $150. There have been many that sold in this price range. Let me know if anyone is interested.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes; yes it is. I recently bought one of these on ebay, $150 for a NWT (new in box, actually) borrelli shirt in wedgewood blue. I kinda wish I would have waited for the FC model to be posted, but I still have no complaints.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.
I feel that's too high for ebay (esp. for RTW), Ebay is a place to catch bargains, but I suppose that's it's increasingly becoming less and less of the case.

koji

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a fair price. You'll pay about $120-150 at Filene's Basement for most Borrelli's, at least from what I've seen. At Neiman-Marcus Last Call sales, you will pay about $130-195, depending on the shirt model. (On this point, the basic Borrelli broadcloth shirts sell at Saks and NM for upper $200s to low $300s full retail whereas the super-fine weave shirts (silky soft 150s or 170s cotton with a herringbone weave and others with a fine diamond pattern) retail at Saks/NM for $425 or so.)

As for EBay, you can buy brand new Borrelli's on EBay for about $130 from, among a few others, EBay seller "The World's Finest." By the way, I've seen NWT Borrelli shirt auctions go over $200 on the most popular sizes and colors (e.g., light blue, barrel cuffs, size 16-1/2, 34).

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
that's a great price. sometimes people think just b/c it's ebay it should be rock bottom, but you have to deal w/ supply/demand. very few can get stuff like that in bulk like worldsfinest does. 130 is a lot of money but if you like superfine quality, 130 is a great price, 150-160 is still a good price range given that borrellis can easily run to $400 esp given the euro's affect on the pricing.

Catch-22

Reaction score
Wow,

I'm surprised borrelli goes at such a premium on eBay relative to other top shirtmakers (with the exception of Kiton).  

This makes my pickup of two borrelli shirts (both 15.5/39) for $59 each at Jeremy's in San Francisco even more gratifying

- one in white/green/blue checked w/ a barrel cuff
- one white/blue/red striped french cuff

Also picked up a charcoal/gray striped FC brioni for $60 and a white/brown/blue checked Sartoria Attolini for $40

Yes, I went on a shirt shopping spree this weekend but it seems like I made out pretty well considering I got all 4 shirts for less than the cost of 1 regular priced borrelli.

Note for those in the SF Bay Area - Jeremy's is actually having a 40% off sale this weekend for all the merchandise that didn't sell last weekend at 30% off.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Uh-Oh
wow.gif
Note for those in the SF Bay Area - Jeremy's is actually having a 40% off sale this weekend for all the merchandise that didn't sell last weekend at 30% off.
I know some regular E-Bay sellers who will not be happy with you for divulging secrets, Catch-22...
wink.gif

Catch-22

Reaction score
Uh-Oh
wow.gif

Quote:
I know some regular E-Bay sellers who will not be happy with you for divulging secrets, Catch-22...
wink.gif

Oh well, I guess the cat's out of the bag. Â I apologize to any ebayers that I may have inadvertantly offended. Â Just my attempt to contribute a great find to the forum where I've found so many (the recent andrewatlanta paul smith sale comes immediately to mind). And while I have absolutely nothing against profiteering/arbitrage (considering I'm in investment banking
smile.gif
), I figure anyone who spends time on the forum deserves a chance to score a great deal on something they'll actually use themselves Hopefully there's enough discount clothing left at the store to keep everyone happy.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I was kidding, No worries...

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty incredible prices. What is Jeremy's? A high-end Costco? Those prices are 1/2 of what even Filene's Basement charges for Borrelli.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Jeremy's website (jeremys.com):

"We get our discounted merchandise from a variety of sources. Some department stores send us items that have been used in advertisements and window displays, in addition to their damages and customer returns.

We also get merchandise from clothing designers who sell us their production and sale samples as well as past seasons' stocks. "

So, there you have it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads