• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

15 years old

Maxwell1995

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I want to apologize for all of the edited posts. You see, I got into some bad stuff on the internet one time, and some of the stuff happening at the bottom of page 5 or 6 was making me uncomfortable and I was overreacting. So I'll try my best to refill my questions and I think I'll stay here for a while longer
smile.gif
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and I was wondering if Calvin Klein would be weird for a 15 year old guy to wear. The reason I ask this is because I have NEVER seen any guys in my school with a CK shirt on, so it's obviously not common. Thanks! (That was not the original question, but if I can find it quoted somewhere I'll copy and paste)

Maxwell1995

Reaction score
the kind one that I dated for about a week and then dumped me for some other guy (7th grade)

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
change your name to calvin klein, then youll get some play for sure
1393_1209955488610_450_299.jpg

CrazyJ

Reaction score
You sound pretty mature for only being 15, so kudos to you! At 15 you can't expect to afford any of the popular trends here. But out of anything you could wear at your age, I think CK can be very good, considering how affordable the outlet is. My advice, however, is not to overdress too much. You can wear CK and look relaxed and cool, or you can look like you're going to class dressed up for an interview, which won't win you respect. They have nice casual shirts, but I wouldn't bother with any dress shirts that you'd have to tuck in, or any slacks for that matter. Stick to your favorite jeans. Remember you're in high school, and people won't quite understand yet why you would want to tuck in your shirt or wear classy shoes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
you should be hanging out at the local malls with your skater homies, wearing skinny jeans and tees smoking j's behind the movie theater

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this kid.

CK is fine at your age; I wish my 16 yo nephew had your style aspirations.

Maxwell1995

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
You sound pretty mature for only being 15, so kudos to you!

At 15 you can't expect to afford any of the popular trends here. But out of anything you could wear at your age, I think CK can be very good, considering how affordable the outlet is. My advice, however, is not to overdress too much. You can wear CK and look relaxed and cool, or you can look like you're going to class dressed up for an interview, which won't win you respect. They have nice casual shirts, but I wouldn't bother with any dress shirts that you'd have to tuck in, or any slacks for that matter. Stick to your favorite jeans. Remember you're in high school, and people won't quite understand yet why you would want to tuck in your shirt or wear classy shoes.

Thanks man. Appreciate the advice and comments. And I'm not buying any of the dressier clothing yet. (sorry if that's not SF approved lingo. still learning) I bought 3 graphic t's and 2 pairs of dark-washed jeans. I would've bought more, but I feel like I can get a better deal on some of the exact same articles at macy's. The only time I really dressed up for school is one time where my friend bet me $5 to wear a dress shirt and dress pants.

Originally Posted by xchen
worship.gif

I don't know how to respond to this.

mattt

Reaction score
To give you a more serious answer, wear whatever you like. It sounds like you're self consious that the Hollister crowd will bully you for wearing CK or something. **** em. It sounds like you want your own style, so take that and run with it.

CK is a good start for your age, but of course its not 'SF approved'. My advice? Get some raw denim from the B&S forum, get some sick fadezz and all the chicks will be on *********. Couple that with some basic shirts and tees from H&M/J Crew/GAP and you're good to go. Don't forget shoes too, for your purposes a pair of chucks would probably suffice.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
follow what justin bieber wears................

Maxwell1995

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
you should be hanging out at the local malls with your skater homies, wearing skinny jeans and tees smoking j's behind the movie theater

Haha. I hang out with my friends. Just don't have any skater friends who wear skinny jeans and smoke weed behind the theater.

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
I like this kid.

CK is fine at your age; I wish my 16 yo nephew had your style aspirations.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words.
And thank you for the help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads