1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

141 schott jacket sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Luc-Emmanuel, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

looking at model 141 schott leather jacket, I'm wondering how the sizing go.
    I wear 46 eu in almost any sportscoat/suits on the market, though my chest size is 37.5". I understand the motorcycle jackets are rather tight, thus size 36 should be too small. Should I order a 38 ? Anyone has any advice on schott jacket sizing ?

TIA
    .luc

2. PHV

PHV Senior member

Are you referring to the brand "Schott"?

That's big time wigger/rapper wear in Montreal.

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I am a size 40 (chest slightly larger than 39"), and asked this same question of several online Schott retailers.  The consensus is that I should get a size 40 if I preferred a snugger fit, and a size 42 if I wanted to layer underneath.

Bottom line, buy from a store with a good return policy.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I personally prefer Vanson to Schott. Check them out.

5. j

j Senior member Admin

In Vanson, buy at least 2" larger than your chest measurement. I have a 40" chest and the 42" is snug but comfortable on me. I had no luck finding a Schott jacket anywhere around here to try on, so can't help you there.

6. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Thanks. Will look at Vanson.

.luc