1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

I can also clarify how we handle exchanges. We know finding the right size in a new brand is really important. If you're domestic, we look for a similar style to swap for right away. Given that we hold very little inventory a swap may not be possible, so we'd give you a store credit so you can back a new style in the right size. For international orders we offer a store credit.

2. mtl274

mtl274 Member

[​IMG]

heres some stuff i found regarding loopwheeling, more can be found out at: http://www.loopwheeler.co.jp/

Quote Originally Posted by mikecch
    so far I've found the loopwheeled stuff to have a softer, heavier hand.
    The surface also remains smoother, with less pilling, after wash & wear.
    I guess to put it simply, loop-wheeled sweats and Ts age much more gracefully (& slowly) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kiya
    Loopwheeled fabric is NOT the same as a seamless tube fabric.
    about 75% of brands that say their fabric is "loopwheeled" are either flat out lying or don't know what loopwheeling is.
    The machine itself is quite rare, extremely slow, and is finicky in the way it works. True loopwheeled fabric is extremely strong, soft, and can be very very heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXY
    in the context of "loopwheeled" knits it is almost impossible to tell the difference for non-experts. more important is the rarity and in-efficiency of the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever123
    200 machines left in world, yeah, id say they would be extremely valuable to those in need of one [a loopwheel machine].
    [/I]

Flat Head seems to own a chunk of whats left of those rare machines

[​IMG]

also, heres a short video on a collab between loopwheeler x nike
    [​IMG]

loopwheeled t-shirt and sweatshirts seem to go for a absurd $200+ via Flat Head

just a little research ive done, please add anything i've missed

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Any info on how frequently they cycle in new campaigns? Looking to jump into the Gustin waters (or jeans lol), but the current offerings aren't blowing me away as some of the previous campaigns have done.

Also, is there any way to get a sneak peek as to what future offerings will be?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

4. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

It's about every 4 days or so.

5. ericgereghty

Cool, thanks!

I'm really hoping they bring those gray silks back...extremely interesting design in my opinion.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

6. gustin

gustin Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

We haven't shipped them yet, so no one has experience. We'll be relaunching those again either this week or next.

7. ericgereghty

Cheers. Thanks for the fast response.

-Eric

8. CasvalRD

CasvalRD Well-Known Member

If you brought back the Jade raws, I'd purchase in a heartbeat.

9. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Regarding sizing- I mostly wear 32 (some brands 33 and the occasional 34) but the straights in 32 were too small for me. I got the Heavy Japans (15oz) from their Kickstarter in 32 Straight. Beautiful fabric, but unfortunately the waist is too small for me.
    33 might work, not sure yet.
    I think Gustin wrote on their site that one should size up 2. That seems to make sense.
    Let me know if anyone's interested in the pair.

1 person likes this.
  10. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

thanks for the info!

11. mykoh

mykoh Well-Known Member

would really like to get the umber brown jeans, but i don't know if they are slim enough (or would shrink enough),

I wear a 29 in N&F Super Skinny, would getting the 29 Slim work after a hot soak? Read the fit guide and measured my fave pair and everything's about .5" larger except for the waist.

12. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

The waist on my pair with cone mills denim didn't stretch too much. I would have liked a size 28, but I can just barely wear the 29s without a belt. They aren't skinny jeans... they are about as fitted as they can be without restricting movement. I'm not in love with the Cone Mills denim. I'll probably pick up another pair in a few months in one of the Japanese denim selections.

I'm personally quite happy with the fit because they look good, and I can still go climbing or play frisbee in them if I don't have gym shorts in my car. I haven't soaked them yet.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  13. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

Has anyone tried joes brixton slim and compared them with gustin?

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. evolved

evolved Senior member

I, unfortunately, had to re-sell both items I purchased from Gustin. I bought a medium OCBD and a pair of Japanese Standards in 32 regular....the shirt, as others have noted, fit like a small and the jeans were nice, but too similar in real life to my APC NS' in terms of color. I did find out that if I get another pair of jeans (holding out for Okayama Standards) I'd size up to 33 and possibly slim. Nice quality, all around, regardless.

16. ericgereghty

The Natural is back folks, so back em!! I want a pair of those suckers lol.

17. evolved

evolved Senior member

I guess you're referring to the Natural Indigo2? Not the white, Miami Vice-esque jeans, lol.

18. ericgereghty

Nope, talking about the MV-esque naturals. Almost all of my denim is dark, so I'm trying it for a change of pace, and the red-white-blue ID line tugs at my inner Patriot.

There are at least 5 I'm hoping to get my hands on though...especially the Cone Black.

19. ericgereghty

Seeing as the Natural Indigo 2's back, does anyone have any pictures/thoughts on them?

20. mistawho

mistawho Active Member

I normally wear 31 in jcrew, banana republic, levis. Would that make me a 31 in Gustins?