1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. mtl274

mtl274 Member

What's wrong with the workmanship?

2. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Had to go in on the rainbow nep... just too neat to pass up. Now I just wish I could get in on some greyxgrey's, pink ID, purple ID, etc. I like the unique stuff. 31 slim... here's hoping it fits!

3. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Thanks ibrig and partagras. Given that description, I'd probably give it a try, but cpaul does not make it sound good lol

4. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

seams were really crooked, not parallel to eachother. loose threads everywhere, untrimmed. looks like someone rushed the hell out of the sewing.

should've taken pictures but it's off to someone else now.

5. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I'm in Canada and so far all my Gustin packages have been duty free so far (knock on wood).

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

One of three hit with VAT and charges so far. It would be the jeans that got caught too! Worked out about 30% of the price of the goods

7. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

Is getting jeans shortened by 4-6" a problem?

Mine came in, and I'm not sure what I think yet. The rise seems really high, the slim cut isn't very slim, and I would have liked to have sized down 1-2 more sizes, which unfortunately wasn't possible because the smallest size they make is a 29. I'll get them tailored and see how I feel about them.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Damn, really? Just how small are you?

9. mtl274

mtl274 Member

After seeing how much my Heavy Japans have relaxed, i'm really considering going down a size. Anyone willing to trade a indigo/indigo size 32 for a size 31 (preferably another indigo/indigo)? Mlech415 (at) gmail (dot) com [i might even consider a size 30, if someone got their size really off]

10. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

After wearing them for a day, I'm warming up to them. The fit around the thigh isn't too bad... I don't think I could have sized down 2 and still fit my legs into the slims. I think a straight standard fit (instead of slim) in a 27-28 would be perfect. Slim in 29 is not bad with a belt. The other pants I have in rotation are Gap selvage slim jeans in size 28. They are quite snug around the thigh, but HUGE around the waist.

For size, I'm 5' 6.5", 125 lb, 28ish inch waist and I spend most of my free time running, climbing, lifting, or playing ultimate frisbee so I'm fairly lean. I apologize for the crappy photo. The lighting is poor, but the Blue Line2 is DARK.

Edit: A 27 in the standard fit would have a 20.5" thigh a 14" knee and cuff opening, and a 27.5"-27.75" waist that would stretch to around 29" which would have fit me just about perfectly

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  11. Deuce

Deuce Well-Known Member

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a belt, I have a size 36 that I am going to put up in the classifieds. Wore it for about an hour, PM if interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. PeachBrah

PeachBrah Member

How do these slim fits fit compared to the Levis 511 rigid dragon? I am a size 34 in the 511s because of muscular thighs and ass. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  13. creamofsumyungi

creamofsumyungi New Member

Anyone have any good pics of them wearing them?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  14. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

My pair are fading ridiculously fast... like some of the creases are showing evidence of fading after 3 days of wear... I may have walked 6 miles in the rain on one of those days.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hadn't checked in on the website for the longest time as I am in no need of another pair of raws but I just saw this as sold out.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty cool.

16. barrelntrigger

OMG!!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

x post from the thrift thread!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Noice! Much?

18. barrelntrigger

Proxyed from Japan for $189. A bit much but much much much cheaper than retail here. [​IMG]

19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Is it the 12oz IHSH33? Nice pick up! Did you use Rakuten?

20. barrelntrigger

Yes! Nah, I proxyed from one of my boy who lives in Japan. His wife and he are coming to visit us and they are going to hand deliver it to me in about 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]