1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Sufferred

Sufferred Member

anyone know when the Blue line 2 will ship? When I backed my pair they said I will have them in Aug. It is now September.

2. cyberkip

cyberkip Member

Timbaland: Thanks for the review. What size did you get in the Gustin slim fit?

Argh. Can't believe I forgot to include that. They're Gustin 33 slim. Just a tiny touch roomier in the thigh than the two sizes of N&F I referenced in my post. The Gustins provide that little bit of extra room in the thighs without forcing me to go a size too large in the waist, as I'd have to do with N&F for the corresponding leg fit.

Hope that helps.

3. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a fit comparison between their slim fit and the Unbranded 201? I wear 34 in Unbranded, wondering what size I should get..

4. pdxmatt

pdxmatt Member

34 Unbranded 201's fit just about perfect for me. I have bigger thighs/ass and don't like my jeans painted on, so I went with 35's in the Gustin slim. I'm hoping they're not too big; I'll post when I get them in October.

5. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

A quick update, my straight fit Japan Standards are breaking in nicely, much more wearable in the space of a week. I had a hell of time with my pair of Cone Mill broken weave. My belt has just been dispatched so it should be arriving in two weeks going by past experience.

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Bill, you in the UK? Did you get hit with customs charges?
    Sorry, looked back half a dozen posts and saw you didn't!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  7. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

It does take a while, but they do stretch out nicely. Have 3 pair could not button the top button on any, but now they fit great.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Fad pics, please!

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I'll take a couple when the belt lands.

10. barrelntrigger

Opps, I meant to say "fade" pics, please! [​IMG]

11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

That's what I figured.

12. barrelntrigger

They seriously need to bring back The Super Heavy Slub and The Rainbow Nep!!! I'm seriously kicking my self for not getting it the first and second time! [​IMG]

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Just got shipping confirmation on my Postal Blue's! This is my first pair so I am looking forward to checking them out. I think it should be a unique denim taboot

14. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Got my size L selvedge organic chambray. Fits slightly larger than an Epaulet L, if that helps anybody. Very nice construction for the price.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  15. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

Anyone able to comment on shirt fit compared to Gitman Vintage?

16. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

I emailed them on the 4th, and got the response:

17. Harvitz81

Harvitz81 Senior member

Just got my first pair in the mail - #62 Japan Regular

I ordered a 34, but shortly after (and after getting my first pair of selvedge - 3sixteens), emailed them and change my order to a 36 (stinking athletic thighs). It seemed ok on their end and they confirmed the change, but unfortunately 34s showed up today.

Soooo....I'm not messing with sending them back so these are available. I will snap some photos and post in the marketplace later, but thought I'd throw them out there in this thread if anyone is interested and not wanting to wait.

18. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

I've been wearing skinny/slim fit 31's from Levi's, Gap, J Crew, Banana and I've been overall pretty happy. I know, I know, let the flaming begin. However, I really want to try a pair of selvedge. The Gap selvedge premium slim 31/32's I have right now fit really well, but they're obviously not raw selvedge. I measured these as a base.

Looking at going with Gustin slim. Based off of their measuring guide, the 31's that I've been wearing are more like 33-33.5". Factoring in that the waist stretches about an inch, I'd want something that is a 32-32.5" waist, which Gustin says 32.5" waist = 32 marked sizing.

What should I do? 5 foot 11, 160lbs. Do I go with the 32's... which are 1 size up from what I buy off the shelf at most stores?

Will this same logic apply to APC? Unbranded? Rogue Territory? 3sixteen?

Thanks!

19. barrelntrigger

I'm 160 and 32's are actually a bit too big on me. I would go with 31 and stretch them out an inch. APC, Unbranded, RT, and 316 all have different fits. Which ones were you referring? I have a pair of Unbranded tapered legs, size 33 and they fit a bit on the regular size vs. my LVC 1966 Rough Rinse which has a more tapered leg. I had a pair of APC petite standards in 31, I think, and they are super skinny compared to my Gustin, slim 32's.

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I received my Postal Blues today. These are my first pair of Gustins. Overall I am pleased with them. The denim is a bit of a different color in person than I was expected; it is close in color to the 3Sixteen denim with more white showing through. It will be interesting to see how it fades. The construction is pretty good although there are more loose threads in various spots than I would expect. The denim itself is nice but no where near the premium brands to me. I think for the price point they offer a huge value ratio but I do not find them comparable to other brands I own like Baldwin, Rogue, 3Sixteen, etc.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013