13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. pahhhoul

pahhhoul Member

I have a brand new unworn, not even tried on pair of THE STANDARD in a size 30.
    Anyone want to TRADE their STANDARD 31 for my STANDARD 30?

2. onikage

onikage New Member

Hi all. I have some brand new Gustin jeans in a 29 waist that I'm looking to trade for a 31 waist in something else Gustin puts out (same model would be great but not required). These 29's are just way too tight for me. Let me know! These are the straight cut.

3. marno76

marno76 Member

I totally agree, I have a pair of standard 31 size.
    perfect fit on waist when standing/walking and little less when sitting. yes they're high rise and I am now used to much low rise.
    anyway the prob for me is that they're way tooo long. 34 on a 5.7 like me sure would need some cutting,
    but If i cut them I guess I'll loose some of their details. now i am double cuffing them with a 5 cm cuff.
    Do you think its still ok? I used to never cuff the jeans (since 1987, I guess)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  4. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

I never used to cuff either, but I think it's fine if the rest of the ensemble isn't too formal.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ian over at the blog Squalor to Baller just wrote up a great review on his Gustin jeans. If you are still on the sidelines about Gustin this may be helpful.

http://fromsqualortoballer.com/

6. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

How often do they update their fabrics? There are only 4 fabrics available and I'm undecided on one. Also, if they release another batch does that mean they will not be available to ship until August?

7. TheSoonest

TheSoonest Senior member

from what i've seen, it seems like they update every couple weeks or so. when a fabric is no longer available, they usually have another one to replace it pretty soon after.

8. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Yipee my Originals are on their way.

9. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

Is it a tellason knockoff?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  10. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

The Solid Indigo Twill and Solid Black Twill were posted on May 30th. The next fabric up may still be July or may flip over to early August. Hard to know. I think the most fabric I've seen up at once has been six (this last week), and at times it's gotten down to just one or two. They are really busy getting the last of the May shipments out, so it might be a few days yet before a new fabric posts. I'll bet they wait until the current ones close first, so they don't compete with each other too much. Which one are you contemplating?

I got my Overdye in, and they are really cool. There's actually a little bit of vertical texture in them from some slub, which I like. They aren't actually overdyed, it turns out: they are just indigo warp/weft. I'll bet the Solid Indigo Twill will be really close, but those will have tonal stitching instead of the Overdye's contrast stitching. It also looks like a broken weave, though I find it hard to tell from the photo. I'm still not sure why they are calling it a chino, or why they said a selvedge twill is rare, when denim is a twill.

11. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

Anyone get Slim Fits in yet? I wanna get some reactions on the fit/sizing.

12. striker

striker Senior member

No one has any slim fits yet i dun think. The kickstarter campaign backlog has just cleared. So maybe we might see some delivered mid ir end of this month.

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Not in love with the orange jeans. Also, undecided on the Twill. What is the deal with the twill?

p.s. a new denim was posted superlight.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  14. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

I just saw that. The Super Light is one they introduced in April, so that is an extended run. The earlier batches sold quick, but I expect them to slow down a little now that people have had a chance to order them. I have an order in for a pair in slim from the first batch. Those should ship relatively soon.

Some website orders are overlapping the Kickstarter orders. Some people were getting their Greenbacks before my Overdye were shipped.

This is from Twitter:

[email protected]_gonshor: @weargustin anybody received slim fits yet? wanna see some reactions/fit pics. got a natural selvedge on order and am concerned on sizing

[email protected]: @danny_gonshor I sure hope so - we've sent out hundreds of them!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  15. striker

striker Senior member

The new superlight is going slower because the price went from 81 to 99. There was something mentioned about the price of the same denim doubling,