11 pm date ideas?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by razuel, Jul 20, 2007.

1. razuel

razuel Senior member

I'm going to 'hangout' with this girl tonight after she gets out of work, but it won't be until 11 or so like the title says. I'm not sure what she had in mind when she said hanging out, but I'd like to have a game plan if she doesn't have any ideas.

This will be our second date. Any good ideas of something we could do? Most things will be closed at that time around here.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Grunion run.

3. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

Drink, before.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm going to 'hangout' with this girl tonight after she gets out of work, but it won't be until 11 or so like the title says. I'm not sure what she had in mind when she said hanging out, but I'd like to have a game plan if she doesn't have any ideas.

This will be our second date. Any good ideas of something we could do? Most things will be closed at that time around here.

Not living in a metropolis= options pretty fucking limited. I think the default would be movies and drinks. Or show off your manliness and cook something together. Chicks love dudes who can work in a kitchen.

5. visionology

visionology Senior member

Bar on the beach with a stroll afterwards?

If you're not near a beach I hear cow tipping is fun

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

She won't have any ideas. If you have a decent car, a long joyride in the dark has been a winner for me from time to time. Bring a bottle of wine or rum and bottles of coke or something, and find a place to stop off and wander. Don't drink too much, but you'll need to stick around a while before driving home.

7. Jared

Jared Senior member

If you have a decent car, a long joyride in the dark has been a winner for me from time to time. Bring a bottle of wine or rum and bottles of coke or something, and find a place to stop off and wander. Don't drink too much, but you'll need to stick around a while before driving home.
    In my experience, women do not enjoy dying or being in car crashes on the second date, but YMMV. [​IMG]

8. razuel

razuel Senior member

She is 23, but I'm only 19 so all the alcohol ideas are out the window.

All the damn parks around here close at 10; maybe we'll take a walk or something I don't know. I've got about 2 hours to figure it out.

9. j

In my experience, women do not enjoy dying or being in car crashes on the second date, but YMMV. [​IMG]
    My mileage is that a drink and a half or so with an hour layover wherever you end up doesn't impair my driving at all. Of course I don't advocate getting drunk and driving. OP seems to be too young anyway so the point is moot.

10. whodini

My mileage is that a drink and a half or so with an hour layover wherever you end up doesn't impair my driving at all. Of course I don't advocate getting drunk and driving. OP seems to be too young anyway so the point is moot.
    I wish I still had the link but there was a GREAT cd put out by a few police departments, MADD, etc. that interactively explained the effects of booze in your blood system (AND IT WAS FREE). Mainly, you would enter your weight, gender, what had to drink (beer, shot, cocktail, etc), and how quickly you consumed said product. It computed it all and based on my weight 2 beers and a shot in an hour would push me close to the legal limit, but that was on drinking on an empty stomach. Eating a full meal an hour or so before, as the disc mentioned, would increase your tolerance considerably especially if it was heavy in proteins and fats. I, too, don't condone drinking and driving but the basic law of blood alcohol levels is that your liver can handle 1 beer/shot per hour. Any more than that and it starts to stack up against your liver (thus making you drunk).

11. razuel

razuel Senior member

You guys are just a bunch of alcy's; I'm coming away from this conversation influenced to drink and drive and get drunk with all of my dates. [​IMG]

12. whodini

You guys are just a bunch of alcy's; I'm coming away from this conversation influenced to drink and drive and get drunk with all of my dates. [​IMG]
    I'm sure that's how most on this forum were conceived....

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

are you in L.A.?

11PM, too late for Little Tokyo. that places closes down by 7PM even on weekends.

but koreatown, the party is just getting started!

14. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

She won't have any ideas. If you have a decent car, a long joyride in the dark has been a winner for me from time to time. Bring a bottle of wine or rum and bottles of coke or something, and find a place to stop off and wander. Don't drink too much, but you'll need to stick around a while before driving home.

I think this is a great idea because you have to wait around. You hang out in the dark in a park or something (the beach is ideal if you're near one), and the reason/excuse is that you're being responsible by not driving right away. Bring exactly as much as you could drink and needed to wait for an hour to drive again, and then wait an hour in a half.

15. j