1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

$11: 15.5x33 Borrelli Shirt

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by VMan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

2. Flame

Flame Senior member

Too bad I have chimpanzee-long arms.[​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I would be more interested if it didn't have a pocket. The collar fray can be easily fixed, though.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I would be more interested if it didn't have a pocket. The collar fray can be easily fixed, though.
    It can?

I was about to buy it but $10 shipping? No.

The buttons are worth more than $11.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

It can?

I was about to buy it but $10 shipping? No.

The buttons are worth more than $11.

I had a similar fray fixed by my alterations/repair place for $5 and I'm assuming it can be done by a seamstress of even moderate talent.

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

Didn't see the collar fray.

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

"This shirt is in flawless condition except for some fraying on the right side of the collar. Can be worn as is but will need mending in ther future..."

There is no way that shirt can be worn as is or even mended. That is some serious fraying there. If the body of the shirt is still in good condition, I would replace the collar and cuffs with contrasting white fabric. Probably cost you another $30...

8. romafan

romafan Senior member

"This shirt is in flawless condition except for some fraying on the right side of the collar. Can be worn as is but will need mending in ther future..."

There is no way that shirt can be worn as is or even mended. That is some serious fraying there. If the body of the shirt is still in good condition, I would replace the collar and cuffs with contrasting white fabric. Probably cost you another $30...

I've had frayed collars "flipped" - seemed to work OK, but they were very old comfortable BB casual shirts. Not sure you'd get the right result here...

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

How would a tailor mend a collar fray? I have a T&A shirt with light fraying at the collar points. Can anything be done?

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

How would a tailor mend a collar fray? I have a T&A shirt with light fraying at the collar points. Can anything be done?

I'm not sure of the procedure. I had a shirt that had a frayed collar and I dropped it off and they repaired it. It was a white collar if that matters.

11. Connemara

I'm not sure of the procedure. I had a shirt that had a frayed collar and I dropped it off and they repaired it. It was a white collar if that matters.

Thanks for that. Does anyone know if this is standard procedure on a colored shirt (blue stripe)?

12. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Thanks for that. Does anyone know if this is standard procedure on a colored shirt (blue stripe)?

As Romafan said, you can have collars turned. Alternatively, collars can be replaced. Given that's impossible to match the fabric, the best option is to have white collars (and possibly cuffs) to replace the frayed ones.

13. Connemara

As Romafan said, you can have collars turned. Alternatively, collars can be replaced. Given that's impossible to match the fabric, the best option is to have white collars (and possibly cuffs) to replace the frayed ones.

What does it mean to have a collar "turned"?

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member

What does it mean to have a collar "turned"?

The collar is detached and turned over so that the frayed part is now underneath and no longer visible.

15. Connemara

The collar is detached and turned over so that the frayed part is now underneath and no longer visible.

Hmm...if it was simply turned over, wouldn't that expose the stitching for the collar stays? Or is it turned inside out?

Sorry to be a nuisance, I just don't get it[​IMG]