• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Hey @Evacipator, the package arrived a couple days ago! Many thanks for the great box that travelled a VERY LONG way from Australia to Georgia! I love the great Irish scarf, the Grateful Dead playing cards and the Australian treats! My wife has already made a dent in the Macadamia honey and my youngest son killed the TimTams and Allen Chews before I got a single one! Fortunately we have an international farmers market not far from here that I have heard may carry TimTams....gonna pick some up this weekend! Thanks again to @HansderHund and @drlivingston and anyone else who helped facilitate another great Thriftmas!

20220110_191448.jpg 20220110_191545.jpg 20220110_191637.jpg 20220110_191644.jpg 20220110_191650.jpg

Evacipator

Reaction score
Hey @Evacipator, the package arrived a couple days ago! Many thanks for the great box that travelled a VERY LONG way from Australia to Georgia! I love the great Irish scarf, the Grateful Dead playing cards and the Australian treats! My wife has already made a dent in the Macadamia honey and my youngest son killed the TimTams and Allen Chews before I got a single one! Fortunately we have an international farmers market not far from here that I have heard may carry TimTams....gonna pick some up this weekend! Thanks again to @HansderHund and @drlivingston and anyone else who helped facilitate another great Thriftmas!

I'm glad it all traveled successfully, and that by the sounds of it there was a little bit in there for everyone. I was fearing it would arrive as a honey-smeared-everything by the end! Do grab some Tim Tams if you come across them - biting off opposite corners and using them as a straw for coffee or tea is another way people like to enjoy them here ocassionally, too, if you want to try something even more different!

Evacipator

Reaction score
@Evacipator you did get it right?

It did arrive, yes!

That is, I have confirmation from family today that it was delivered, but in other news I'm currently serving a fresh C19 isolation period for being a close contact (but so far negative), so it will be a little bit before I can actually have it...

Thanks for your patience and persistence in checking for me though, and I'll have a post and photos etc as soon as I can!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It did arrive, yes!

That is, I have confirmation from family today that it was delivered, but in other news I'm currently serving a fresh C19 isolation period for being a close contact (but so far negative), so it will be a little bit before I can actually have it...

Thanks for your patience and persistence in checking for me though, and I'll have a post and photos etc as soon as I can!

OK cool, glad it completed the journey! Sorry that took so long!

Evacipator

Reaction score
Oh... wow!

Through trial and tribulation, @SpooPoker's especially generous gift finally got into my hands today, and suffice to say it was worth every second of the wait! Just throwing this up to say a big thank you right away, as it's going to take me a while longer than I bargained for to catalogue and photograph it all to show off here!

It's all above and beyond on every front, thank you!

Evacipator

Reaction score
So I've snapped some shots of what was, quite frankly, the bonanza that I was lucky enough to open yesterday. I've tried to trim down the number of shots to something approaching manageable...

Right from the start, the abundance was clear with individual parcels accompanied by a wonderful handwritten note.

SF01.JPG

Things only multiplied when each of these, it turned out, contained several items.

First, a sweet LuxeSwap T-shirt - which I've also used to backdrop most of the rest of the photos.

SF02.JPG

Along with this beautiful Drake's for LuxeSwap tie that I can't wait to wear.

SF04.JPG
SF05.JPG

And then there were two wonderful, reversible Brioni pocket squares - the richness and complexities of which are really not afforded justice in pictures.

SF03.JPG

And, as if any one of those items wouldn't have already been enough, there was also a set of cufflinks to round out an entire outfit of accessories. I like to collect cufflinks as souveniers of places my friends or I have been (or come from), so it is lovely to have these Brooks Brothers links sent to me right from New York (all this came to Australia, by the way!!).

SF06.JPG

And then things got turned up another notch. I like card games a lot, and so have come to really appreciate playing cards as an object, and Spoo knocked it out of the park with an entire raft of decks which are not only beautiful and historically interesting in their own right (my favourite kind!), but which he explained had been procured "...from a wealthy North Shore mansion here on Long Island. The heiress of a Belgian shipping scion. She had an affinity for smoking and having long card nights with her friends." Indeed, as Spoo writes, if only they could talk!

So, the following are a lot of playing card photos!

All of them together:

SF07.JPG

Japanese Flowers:

SF08.JPG

France Royale Bridge decks (lots of famous faces to research and read up on here!)

SF09.JPG

C.F.A. Voysey architect-design decks

SF10.JPG

A very SF-suitable pair of Time Pieces decks

SF11.JPG

Set of Caspari x Neiman Marcus cards with nice large poker-sized pips. Separate photo of box, to make it visible.

SF12.JPG

SF13.JPG

Beautiful set with complementing Ming planter-pot artwork on the backs, in an absolutely wonderful wooden box.

SF14.JPG

SF15.JPG

Two Francis I decks - one silver, one gold - with beautiful portraits and number cards that are themed and arranged in a way that I'll need to learn some French to fully unpack...

SF16.JPG

And finally, a Louis XIV deck which reproduces images of an historical deck created between 1672 and 1698, and which is kept in the National Library of Paris. Fascinating stuff!

SF17.JPG

Again, thank you Spoo for your unbelievable generosity. Any single one of these things would have made my day, so I'm blown away by the whole package you put together. I foresee quite the sartorial card night in my near future...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very glad you love them all! Sorry that took so long to get there but happy it was worth the wait. I guess that puts an end to this thread, so till next year everyone!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very glad you love them all! Sorry that took so long to get there but happy it was worth the wait. I guess that puts an end to this thread, so till next year everyone!

Nope, still waiting here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine arrived Saturday, about the same time I was headed to the ER for some sort of scary allergic reaction. Will open soon.
Ok....more like, will open later. Lost track of the package, and time.

It's nice box of casuals from @GoldenHarvestMedal Thanks!
AX Khakis and Shirt, Porsche Design x Adidas Pants and Shirt, Mountain Hardwear pants, Columbia and Lindeberg Shirts, and some a few ties and camel scarf. Gonna see if my mama wants to hem some of these pants, dang corgi legs.
DCAD72AE-5127-4D55-829E-5A741603BAE0_1_102_o.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads