• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100 pound weight loss picture

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
Holy cow! Have girls or at least gal friends hit more on you now?

Oh yeah definitely, it was really weird at first, but I'm getting used to it. I've always thought of myself as ugly my whole life, and now girls are telling me I'm good looking so it's just a weird situation all together.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F 'em in the a.

How'd you lose weight / how are you keeping it off?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredible, about 2 pounds per week?
That's very good.

razuel

Reaction score
The first 20 pounds melted off very quickly, as it usually does with very obese people.

I lifted 5-6 days a week (changed my program a lot, but mostly did full body and upper/lower body splits to tear as much muscle down at once to burn calories in recovery). I also had a cardio regime, which also changed a lot. I started out just doing 10-20 minutes on a stationary bike and worked my way up to 45 minutes and eventually started jogging on a treadmill. Once I added high intensity interval training (HIIT) I saw great results. Google it if you're interested in that, very beneficial for fat loss.

My diet was strict as I said. I had break down of 40protein/40carb/20 fat to start and eventually changed it to 50protein/30carb/20 fat. I ate lean meats, whole wheat carbs, healthy fats, and took fish oil, whey protein, and multi vit. I ate 6 small meals throughout the day and made sure to get all of my carbs before 5 or so. I found out how many calories I needed to maintain my weight and subtracted 500 from that.. and consumed that amount every day.

I'm keeping it off by working out as much as I can and not eating horribly like I used to.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, congrats man; you're a good looking dude and it's amazing that you can actually discern from the still pictures the change in attitude.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! From personal experience, I know how hard it can be to not only lose the weight, but maintain the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

I also agree that, back in my single days, it was definitely worth it in the opposite sex department. It may be a sad statment, but there is absolutely no way I would have gotten my foot in the door with my wife if I hadn't lost the weight.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
was there a specific event that made you embark on such a radical change? I am wondering because a diet like that is very hard to maintain and I would think that specific motivation would help.

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
was there a specific event that made you embark on such a radical change? I am wondering because a diet like that is very hard to maintain and I would think that specific motivation would help.

Without getting into details, a girl.

In the end she ended up breaking my heart, but even that helped me improve myself.

On top of that, I had high blood pressure and had to take medication. It was expensive and dangerous.

It was all about being sick of who I was and not wanting that life, but those two things.. the first mostly; sparked the start of it.

kakemono

Reaction score
Do you have stretch marks and excess skin? I know its kind of a wierd question, but I have lost about 60 lbs in the last year and I got em both... its pretty unattractive looking
frown.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
Do you have stretch marks and excess skin? I know its kind of a wierd question, but I have lost about 60 lbs in the last year and I got em both... its pretty unattractive looking
frown.gif

They should disappear, even though it will take a while. I lost 40lbs myself over a span of 3 months 2 years ago, so I know.
smile.gif

razuel

Reaction score
Yep, unfortunately that's something I have to deal with. It's better than being 300 pounds though. Luckily, I'm young and within a few years the skin should tighten quite a bit and marks fade a lot.

Congrats on your weight loss though!

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your age, how quickly you lost the weight, how long you were obese, and most importantly, genetics. So realistically they may never go away or they may disappear completely -- everyone is different with so many factors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads