• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100 Days in Europe: Looking good with as little as possible

styleguy9934

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Soon I will be embarking on a study abroad adventure to Europe (7 weeks in London and 7 weeks in Florence) and I'm trying to minimize what I carry as much as possible, while still looking stylish. Since I will be studying music, I will be attending lots of opera and classical music performances where nicer clothing is required. I am also unfortunately required to bring black dress pants, a black dress shirt and black dress shoes.

So far this is what I've got:

Blue Rain Jacket
Navy Blazer
Navy Merino Wool V-Neck Sweater
3 Ties (Blue Knit, Navy Pattern, Red Pattern)
3 Dress Shirts (White, Black and Blue)
2 Casual Button-Ups (Pink and Blue Windowpane and Blue Gingham)
2 Polos (Navy w/ Orange Stripe and White w/ Blue Stripe)
Grey Long Sleeve Henley
2 Tee Shirts (Red North Face Athletic Tee and Blue J.Crew Pocket Tee)
Black and Brown Belts
14 Pairs of Underwear
Black Dress Pants
Not-quite-navy-blue Chinos
Slim, Raw Stretch Jeans
12 Pais of Socks
White Leather Sneakers
Brown Leather Desert Boots
Black Cap-Toe Dress Shoes

Anything I can remove/replace to save space? Anything I'm forgetting? Did I slim down too much?

Jacobs

Reaction score
Good situational awareness and fitness, but this is the wrong forum for that. You might be going a little heavy on undergarments (then again, I don't know what your living situation will be), but other than that the only thing I would do is change the blue chinos to mid-gray or khaki, just to introduce a little variety and make sure you aren't the "blue" guy.

styleguy9934

Reaction score
Good situational awareness and fitness, but this is the wrong forum for that. You might be going a little heavy on undergarments (then again, I don't know what your living situation will be), but other than that the only thing I would do is change the blue chinos to mid-gray or khaki, just to introduce a little variety and make sure you aren't the "blue" guy.

Thanks for the advice. I'll switch the blue pants for some charcoal grey chinos, which will look better. I do wear entirely too much blue.

I wanted to pack a lot of underwear beacuse I'm lazy and don't like to do laundry.

Should I re-post on the menswear forum?

gijsbertus3000

Reaction score
(No idea why this should be the wrong forum). I do agree with Styleguy9934 you being a bit too blue. A bit too dark even. May be bring a chino in a lighter color then, instead of blue or charcoal grey. Will brighten up London too, where they are too fond of the dark. Not entirely sure when you will be in Florence, but summers there can be hot and bright, so maybe think about bringing a blazer /sports jacket in a lighter color (tan, beige, lighter blue?) that at the same time is light weight and airy. Could even be useful in London that I find to be especially uncomfortable and stuffy during the warmer season. (I live there part of the year.) Bring seven pairs of underwear (and perhaps only seven pairs of socks) and do your laundry more often.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is more in the realm of packing advice than style advice, but with a total of seven shirts including the polos, you'll be doing laundry once a week anyway. (Especially in Florence in summer where you will be lucky to get a full day/night out of each shirt.) So why bring two weeks' worth of underwear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads