• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100% casual loafers

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I want to start wearing loafers every day (when it's not raining or not playing sports - you get the point,) but I can't really find a model which would look casual enough I could wear barefooted (or not) which would look stylish and not like I'm trying to up the formality of my jeans+untucked button down shirt. I was thinking something like:
205843_ADFJ0_1000_001_full.jpg
because the metal design makes it look much more casual and not like cheap, comfortable dress shoes. Can someone recommend something cheaper than gucci..? I also want them to be comfortable since I'll be walking in them a lot so should I go for the rubber sole like in the picture? Also I have a wider foot than average and some shoes are just too tight and it becomes really uncomfrable. Is there a solution to this? I know some models make wide version but besides that just pick a model that fits me?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Can someone recommend something cheaper than gucci..? I also want them to be comfortable since I'll be walking in them a lot so should I go for the rubber sole like in the picture?
Gucci on sale! I have always said there is no excuse for buying cheap shoes. It is extremely obvious when someone has cheap shoes on. There are certain articles of clothing that you might be able to get away with purchasing cheap but never shoes! And I would say it is a great idea to stick with rubber soles to make it obviously casual.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=46881

Yea when I said cheap, comfortable dress shoes that's what I was thinking about. Trailing + going to a formal event really is a great combination in shoes.

Gucci on sale! I have always said there is no excuse for buying cheap shoes. It is extremely obvious when someone has cheap shoes on. There are certain articles of clothing that you might be able to get away with purchasing cheap but never shoes! And I would say it is a great idea to stick with rubber soles to make it obviously casual.
If I was asking for shoes under 30$ you could swing the "good shoe card" but Gucci isn't exactly the best price/longativity

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud

If I was asking for shoes under 30$ you could swing the "good shoe card" but Gucci isn't exactly the best price/longativity

The main point that I wanted to get across was to make sure you dont buy cheap shoes. Dont just jump at whatever has the best price. Focus on longevity and be realistic with what you want and your budget

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
The main point that I wanted to get across was to make sure you dont buy cheap shoes. Dont just jump at whatever has the best price. Focus on longevity and be realistic with what you want and your budget

well said, I might be on the lookout for some in the used ones on B/S and ebay. Nothing I can buy locally anyway.

free man

Reaction score
Any driving loafers are good. I picked up some LV ones recently that may hit the FS section if they dont fit me.

litho

Reaction score
I have some Cole Haan loafers and they've fallen to pieces after 8 months of regular use - so don't get them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads