• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"100 Bullets" to Showtime by David Goyer

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So psyched for this to happen!

Showtime Plans 100 Bullets

The future of live action comic book adaptations on the small screen is looking bright. Hot on the heels of the news that FX has placed Lucy Punch as the lead in their upcoming "Powers", comes word, also via Deadline that Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso's "100 Bullets" is being developed for Showtime with David S. Goyer writing and producing.

The series, which launched in 1999 and concluded its planned 100-issue run in 2009, tells the modern-noir tale of a mysterious man named Agent Graves who offers carefully selected candidates a briefcase containing a handgun and 100 bullets along with the promise that anything they choose to do with those bullets they can never be held legally accountable for.

An anthology of sorts, the comic version features, outside of Graves, a rotating cast; something that is likely to carry over to the Showtime version.

Goyer, no stranger to comic book adaptations, has contributed to Christopher Nolan's Batman films, the Blade franchise (including directing Blade: Trinity) and the upcoming Man of Steel.
T9UtO.jpg

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
... ****. If that was handled right it could be amazing. That said, I'm not too thrilled with Showtime's series, but maybe they'll knock one out the park.

I don't mean to highjack, but you ever follow the whole Sam Mendes/Preacher thing?

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved 100 bullets but don't feel too optimistic about the "adaptation".

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell to the oui! I want this to be the new Dexter. I've always gotten a Death Note vibe from 100 Bullets. Please be good.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This could be awesome. Can't wait to see some footage.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let the fan casting begin! I've sometimes wondered who should be cast as Graves. Ed Harris would actually be a pretty good choice. As for some of the other characters: - I've always thought Cole Burns was modelled physically on Johnny Depp. Since he's too big an actor for the role, how about Jack Huston?
boardwalk-empire-jack-huston-promoted-22704579.jpg
cole-burns.jpg
- David Keith as Lono
david-keith.jpg
100_bullets_Lono.jpg
- Amanda Seyfried as Megan Dietrich
Amanda_Seyfried+Sept_13_2009.jpg
megan.jpg
- Bob Hoskins as Mr Branch
arts-graphics-2005_1165744a.jpg
92808-71757-mr-branch_large.JPG
That's all I can think of at the moment.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Those are some solid casting suggestions. I'm a little iffy on Amanda playing Megan but aside from that, perfection.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****! Yes! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Those are some solid casting suggestions. I'm a little iffy on Amanda playing Megan but aside from that, perfection.

How about Rachel Nichols?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must admit this is one of the few big name graphic novels I've never read. Torrented it a couple times, first it was in Spanish, second time I got a corrupted file. Decided it wasn't meant to be.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet Mother of Mercy, if this is done right it will be amazing. However, the chances that it will go wrong is pretty high I feel...100 Bullets has such a deep story and so many characters to follow, I would feel ripped off if they only followed one thread/character (like Graves/Dizzy), but following everyone may leave us with a diluted version.

Now, trying to make a Fables series; that would be a shitshow.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the first 100 Bullets TPB. It was average.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The second TPB is significantly better, I think.

I think Dizzy is going to be a tough role to cast. Had this series existed ten years ago I could see Michelle Rodriquez in the role. As of now, I can't think of any tough latina actresses who would be right for the part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads