• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Under $100

Max

Reaction score
1. Osiris Bronx $70:

5007-327172-p.jpg

2. Insulated Thermal Sweatshirt $42:

on419506-02vliv01.jpg

3. Studded Belt (a good one) $30:

3rowpyrbt.jpg

4. iPod Shuffle $80:

product-shuffle.jpg

5. American Apparel Men's Brief (3 pack) $30:

http://www.americanapparel.net/store...orest-Navy.jpg

6. CCS Long Sleeve Thermal $25:

n4cb6413_bkbl.jpg

7. Rhinestone Brass Knuckles by Patricia Field $84:

bigknuckles.gif

8. Black Slim Pegged Jeans from Lip Service $46:

m61001ls.jpg

9. Polo Button-Down Oxford Shirt from Brooks Brothers (white) $89.50:

001E_enlarged.jpg

10. American Apparel Jersey Leisure Shirt (or vintage equivalent) $32.50

http://www.americanapparel.net/store...=2412_Aqua.jpg

Go.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoherent?

And I'd like to toss in a "please give the studded belt the death penalty" vote.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
Incoherent?

And I'd like to toss in a "please give the studded belt the death penalty" vote.

Yeah, I thought the studded belt was an odd addition, especially after Max vs Kash in the Affliction thread.
boxing[1].gif
Or maybe I'm just out of the loop with what's in regarding belts.

Max

Reaction score
The studded belt is a bit of personal sartorial history; it was the first piece of clothing I was ever really excited about owning. Yes, I was an eighth grade punk rocker.

Even independent of that, isn't it a classic by now? They've been around for 40 years.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
The studded belt is a bit of personal sartorial history; it was the first piece of clothing I was ever really excited about owning. Yes, I was an eighth grade punk rocker. Even independent of that, isn't it a classic by now? They've been around for 40 years.
Jesus, I hope not. Hopefully it goes the "You're not a veteran -- you're just old" CoFlow route. Aren't those jeans you posted a Hot Topic brand?

Max

Reaction score
I don't know if they sell at hot topic, but I only chose Lip Service because Trash and Vaudeville's house brand isn't online. That photo is from the Patricia Field online store. Patricia Field is awesome.

It all goes together well, trust me. It's a sort of upscale neo skatepunk look.

Don't ask about the brass knuckles and iPod. If I was going to do it over and make it clothing-exclusive they'd probably be replaced by Vans Sk8-His in smooth black leather and HM sliq raws.

raley

Reaction score
What is this CCS brand and what stores is it in/where can you find it online? How's the quality?

Max

Reaction score
CCS is a big mail-order skateboard company that's been around forever. They've got their own line of in-house clothes (including some interesting jeans if you're into the whole dirt cheap, but trendy fit scene). http://www.ccs.com

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that Old navy hoodie in a store when I went in looking for a specific old M65alike. I wish I could agree with you, but it just didn't look that good in person, and the fit was gigantic. Pretty boxy, too.

thereverend

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
The studded belt is a bit of personal sartorial history; it was the first piece of clothing I was ever really excited about owning. Yes, I was an eighth grade punk rocker.

Even independent of that, isn't it a classic by now? They've been around for 40 years.

I totally agree. In fact, after seeing the movie Easy Rider I really can't think of a cooler belt to wear. I have been wanting to make a sweet studded belt for a while, I just haven't gotten around to it. I am sick of the POS one I have from, like you, eighth grade
smile.gif

blown.jpg

Max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I saw that Old navy hoodie in a store when I went in looking for a specific old M65alike. I wish I could agree with you, but it just didn't look that good in person, and the fit was gigantic. Pretty boxy, too.
Well, the size small (38) fits me like a glove. I'm not exactly the tall skinny type that seems to frequent this place, so the rest of y'all are out of luck.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only studded belts I would consider are the outrageous ones that are classic '80s Gianni Versace Couture, Gilt-edged.

They are so politically incorrect in their garishness.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
Well, the size small (38) fits me like a glove. I'm not exactly the tall skinny type that seems to frequent this place, so the rest of y'all are out of luck.
I'm 5'10". You weigh more than I do, but the small fit like a large, and the large looked like a festive quilted blanket.

masqueofhastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
CCS is a big mail-order skateboard company that's been around forever. They've got their own line of in-house clothes (including some interesting jeans if you're into the whole dirt cheap, but trendy fit scene). http://www.ccs.com

What's your definition of dirt cheap? I figured they were dirt cheap when I got them for $15CND down from $80CND, which I would consider average for streetwear.

Pete

Reaction score
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
What's your definition of dirt cheap? I figured they were dirt cheap when I got them for $15CND down from $80CND, which I would consider average for streetwear.

I assume he meant dirt cheap quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads