• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Ugliest Buildings in the World

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
and what does that have to do with me liking it?

Always thought that building is one of the coolest and most distinct in toronto.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
This building deserves a mention. Pictures can't put into words how ****** it is.

opera_bastille1a.jpg

This is one thing we can agree with. Along with the overwhelming majority of Parisians.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Always thought that building is one of the coolest and most distinct in toronto.

I like it and at the same time hate it, hence why I said I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. The only part I really hate is the gold exterior. Plus, I just saw a guy threaten to jump off of the top of it the other day lol.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... the plaza area is filthy. Dumbshit teenagers and homeless people gather on the steps late at night and drink liquor and dispose of the bottles everywhere. Thanks Mitterrand.
All this due to the uglyness of the building?
rolleyes.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
All this due to the uglyness of the building?
rolleyes.gif

You have to see it to understand. It's the type of building that is practically asking to be pissed or puked on by a bum in broad daylight. There's a direct relationship between how well buildings are liked and how well they are treated. You don't see graffiti on Louis Sullivan buildings for a reason.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I like it and at the same time hate it, hence why I said I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. The only part I really hate is the gold exterior. Plus, I just saw a guy threaten to jump off of the top of it the other day lol.

Well it's the lines that I like, but the gold is a great feature. In fact it's the only use of gold that I've seen in a financial district that didn't scream of the 80s to me. It's like what Donald Trump could never do but has always wanted to.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I drive by this one almost daily ...

... although ... it's better following the x-bracing retro-fit.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This one is so bad it's wonderful.
I believe it's called...
Redneck Mansion.​

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
This one is so bad it's wonderful.
I believe it's called...
Redneck Mansion.​

That is what they call: "all kinds of awesome".

Some selected, erm, highlights(?) from Atlanta's skyline.

450px-Twelvecentennialpark.jpg

Georgia_pacific_building_atlanta_01.jpg

450px-Suntrust-plaza-atlanta.jpg

What you can't really tell is that this building is somewhat triangular and now the blue windows don't really come through when you drive past it. It is more of a dull, concrete gray. Of course it is also one of the first buildings you see on the skyline...
86201847_319a613ce8.jpg

Mr. White

Reaction score
New York World Trade Center twin towers. Thought they were the ugliest pair of phalluses when they were standing. Can't believe they're even uglier now that they fell down.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
graz104.jpg

Awesome Steam Punk. Fits very well with the rest of the city scape.

Originally Posted by NorCal
That's amazing!

0oministryt.jpg

Wow, superb constructivism, brings in mind Fernand Leger.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
New York World Trade Center twin towers. Thought they were the ugliest pair of phalluses when they were standing. Can't believe they're even uglier now that they fell down.

Ah.
It simply isn't worth the effort...
facepalm.gif

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when were rectangles shaped like dicks?

Since the woodchipper accident?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ... if there is just one thing you can ******* hate about the emergence of "gender issues" and "women's studies" in every college curriculum is that everything that can even remotely in some way be said to resemble a penis is "phallic", and of course every patriarchal complex and issue that comes with it.... all of it negative, of course... and the pointing out of X object being phallic is like some sort of pseudo intellectual secret handshake that endears one to a bunch of ugly women with buzz cuts and faint mustaches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads