$10 Red Chambray Shirt from Cabelas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ashokn225, Mar 22, 2010.

1. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

2. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Senior member

Sorry, that shirt looks like shit. [​IMG]

Are we more concerned with getting a good quality shirt or just trying to hop on that "red chambray" bandwagon?

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Guys, you are taking this way to seriously. The whole reason it got posted was because it could be had for the absurd price of $10. No one is saying that it looks like it has a great fit or that they would rather wear it then a more expensive option.

Hell the only reason I considered it in the first place was because they had it in Tall sizes, which makes it the only red chambray I have seen that would have correctly fit my arms without having to order a XXL. Might have considered getting it and having it re cut to fit my body.

4. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

I have a few shirts from Cabela's, including chambrays in nutmeg and loden. They are sturdy, well made shirts. For ten bucks, get it and have it tailored and it will serve you well. The nutmeg color is pretty similar to the sunwashed red of the Jcrew shirt. The dusky red doesn't look good, IMO. Here is a fit pic of the one that I have.
    [​IMG]

5. fueledbynewjersey

fueledbynewjersey Senior member

I have a few shirts from Cabela's, including chambrays in nutmeg and loden. They are sturdy, well made shirts. For ten bucks, get it and have it tailored and it will serve you well. The nutmeg color is pretty similar to the sunwashed red of the Jcrew shirt. The dusky red doesn't look good, IMO. Here is a fit pic of the one that I have.

What size did you get? and did you have it tailored at all?

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Omg all of a sudden they're alright!!

7. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

FWIW, I have one of Cabela's logger flannels and like it. It's not super slim fit, but it isn't balloony. I'm a 39-40 chest and have a medium. If they had Tall Small's I'd have more shirts as I think that fit would be ideal. I bought one for my father (who's probably a 40) and he felt it was too tight in the chest (though he was going to use it to actually work outside in so wanted more range of movement).

One thing to note though, there seemed to be a bit of variation in sizing even in the same shirt in different colors. I was in the store to try them on and the red flannels felt slightly smaller than the blue versions of the same shirt.

8. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Cabelas is legit outdoorswear. Same with Bass Pro Shops. You know, Carhartt and Dickies both make <$30 chambray shirts.. It's not like something you guys discovered or anything... Hey, you can actually work in them, too.

[​IMG]

9. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

What size did you get? and did you have it tailored at all?

I got a medium, and I am a medium in most brands. I spent 10 bucks to have the body slimmed at the seams (no darts or anything). Like I said, it's a quality shirt and I don't care if I fuck it up. The only good colors are the loden and the nutmeg, though. I didn't like the dusky red and the blue and yellow look pretty bad on the website.

10. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

im definately curious to see how it looks. $10 is a good deal even if you have to tailor it.

11. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

This is even more thread worthy than the target chambray thread.

What's next?

There will be a $7 Wal Mart chambray thread by week's end.

12. ashokn225

ashokn225 Active Member

Guys, you are taking this way to seriously. The whole reason it got posted was because it could be had for the absurd price of $10. No one is saying that it looks like it has a great fit or that they would rather wear it then a more expensive option.

Hell the only reason I considered it in the first place was because they had it in Tall sizes, which makes it the only red chambray I have seen that would have correctly fit my arms without having to order a XXL. Might have considered getting it and having it re cut to fit my body.

Thank you.

13. milosz

milosz Senior member

The biggest problem with the Cabelas/Lands End/etc. low-end stuff is the colors. Pale, ugly greens and reds, sometimes near-pastels - colors I associate with Old Navy for middle-aged women.

It's fucking hard to find a decent green camp/utility-style shirt.

14. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

People on this board do lots of questionable things just accept it bro.