• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Reasons To Eat Fruit

changoo

Reaction score
Fruit consists for the largest part of water
Just like the human body does. If you think about it, it's logical to consume food that contains as much water as your body does...

Fruit Stimulates Our Memories
If you didn't know yet: fruit is the ultimate brain fuel. Fruit has a positive effect on our brains and makes you recall information easier and faster...

The Miraculous Healing Effects Of Fruit
Spectacular stories about people that cured from cancer by a strict diet of raw fruits and/or vegetables are well known but do we want tobelieve them? We still don't know that much about fruit and its contents...

Fruit Is 100% Bad-Cholesterol Free
No doubt about this reason. Too much cholesterol is not good for our bodies and fruit doesn't contain much cholesterol. Animal products like meat and dairy contain a lot of cholesterol...

Fruit Makes You Feel Better
Several stories have told us about people that were frequently depressed and how they got out of their depression slowly but surely after consuming substantial amounts of fresh fruit on a regular basis. Eating a lot of fruit can have a mysterious healing effect on human beings...

Ethical Reasons To Eat Fruit
Fruit doesn't have to be killed and slaughtered before you can eat it. The fruits are just hanging there waiting to be picked by you...

Fruit is not expensive at all
Did you always think that fruit is an expensive product? Take a good look at how much money you spend on other food. It could be worth something to replace some of those expenses with fruit...

Fibers
We do know now that a diet with plenty of fibers helps against corpulence, high blood pressure, and other factors that increase the chance for a heart disease. The food that contains these healthy (natural) fibers is.... right: FRUIT!

Fruit Is The Most Natural Food
Fruit is food that has been made by plants to be eaten by animals and humans in order to spread its seeds...

The Human Diet
Here at The Fruit Pages we are convinced that a good human diet should consist of freshly squeezed fruit juices, bread, vegetables and some water. Since it is hard for the average **** sapiens to conform him or herself to such a severe diet, we suggest that one starts by eating five to nine pieces of fruit a day...

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changoo

Fruit doesn't have to be killed and slaughtered before you can eat it. The fruits are just hanging there waiting to be picked by you...

Some of us have absolutely no ethical concerns over killing and slaughtering, furthermore, some of us even enjoy it.

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
But be careful to not eat too much raw fruit, the acid can wear away at the enamel on your teeth.
teacha.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current thinking suggests that drinking large quantities of fruit juice is not healthy.

So fruit is alive after you pick it? Then why does it rot after being picked?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just like the human body does. If you think about it, it's logical to consume food that contains as much water as your body does...

Why is this logical? We can drink water, and there's no shortage of it here.

If you didn't know yet: fruit is the ultimate brain fuel. Fruit has a positive effect on our brains and makes you recall information easier and faster...
Source, please.

Spectacular stories about people that cured from cancer by a strict diet of raw fruits and/or vegetables are well known but do we want tobelieve them? We still don't know that much about fruit and its contents...
My Doctor just started me on this great drug, it's called Placebo.

No doubt about this reason. Too much cholesterol is not good for our bodies and fruit doesn't contain much cholesterol. Animal products like meat and dairy contain a lot of cholesterol...
Define "a lot".

Several stories have told us about people that were frequently depressed and how they got out of their depression slowly but surely after consuming substantial amounts of fresh fruit on a regular basis. Eating a lot of fruit can have a mysterious healing effect on human beings...
Mysterious healing effect? Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

Hanging where? I don't live in rural America, honey, ain't many apple trees in these parts.

Did you always think that fruit is an expensive product? Take a good look at how much money you spend on other food. It could be worth something to replace some of those expenses with fruit...
McDonald's Dollar menu is pretty cheap too, but I have no desire to eat it just because it isn't expensive.

Fibers
We do know now that a diet with plenty of fibers helps against corpulence, high blood pressure, and other factors that increase the chance for a heart disease. The food that contains these healthy (natural) fibers is.... right: FRUIT!
Pretty sure vegetables have you beat here.

Fruit is food that has been made by plants to be eaten by animals and humans in order to spread its seeds...
Are you suggesting cows are not natural food? Are they supernatural?

The Human Diet
Here at The Fruit Pages we are convinced that a good human diet should consist of freshly squeezed fruit juices, bread, vegetables and some water. Since it is hard for the average **** sapiens to conform him or herself to such a severe diet, we suggest that one starts by eating five to nine pieces of fruit a day...
That's **** sapiens sapiens, to you, buddy. And your crappy diet is severely lacking in protein and good taste.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fruit? I'm for it.
l_987c6a77fb2264b11bb752ad6ab08f5f.jpg

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fruit is expensive man. A bag of grapes here costs 6-7 bucks. 1lb box of strawberries, 4-5 bucks. If you're talking about apples and banana, then sure. But even still, it's worth it.

Harvey, I think he meant that by eating a lot of fruit, you're also consuming a lot of water, killing two birds with one stone.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Fruit is expensive man. A bag of grapes here costs 6-7 bucks. 1lb box of strawberries, 4-5 bucks. If you're talking about apples and banana, then sure. But even still, it's worth it.

Harvey, I think he meant that by eating a lot of fruit, you're also consuming a lot of water, killing two birds with one stone.

+1 fruit is NOT cheap. At least not where I live.

I visited family in Michigan and at their local market apples were literally HALF the cost they are where I live.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, it's crazy. In Chile, you can buy 10 avocados for the price of one here.

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
too much of any food is bad. even too much anti-oxidants become pro-oxidants.

the key to a healthy diet is variety.

there are no essential food groups, only essential nutrients. fruits and vegetables just happen to be nutritiously dense.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I'm going to become a cannibal following this logic. The closest thing to the human body is ANOTHER human's body. Yum.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I think I'm going to become a cannibal following this logic. The closest thing to the human body is ANOTHER human's body. Yum.

Isn't the problem with cannibalism, prions? That most tribes that practice cannibalism show signs of CJD from this - especially the women who get the lower quality "cuts".

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score

Fibers

The Human Diet

lol this reads like a cheesy advertisement. are fruit growers really doing that poorly to start paying forum posters commission on fruit sales?

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Why is this logical? We can drink water, and there's no shortage of it here.

Source, please.

My Doctor just started me on this great drug, it's called Placebo.

Define "a lot".

Mysterious healing effect? Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

Hanging where? I don't live in rural America, honey, ain't many apple trees in these parts.

McDonald's Dollar menu is pretty cheap too, but I have no desire to eat it just because it isn't expensive.

Pretty sure vegetables have you beat here.

Are you suggesting cows are not natural food? Are they supernatural?

That's **** sapiens sapiens, to you, buddy. And your crappy diet is severely lacking in protein and good taste.

great post, and thanks for calling out the bullshit in the OP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads