• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Day Ebay Auctions?

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
You are either a buyer or do not understand exposure metrics and how to leverage them to your advantage as a seller.

I'm a buyer and I understand "exposure metrics", which is why I like short auctions. From a selling point of view I think 7 days is enough.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand how any of this can be determined unless we're looking at commodities, which few of us on here are selling. You'd have to have the same exact kind of item run on various types of auction options over a period of time, repeatedly, to see which tends to net the higher value.

In other words, how can we know a 7-day or 10-day auction is best on a high end suit? Once we've set the auction to 7 days, and it ends at say $1000, we can't possibly know what the other potential outcome of 10-day auction was going to be.

This kind of stuff can only be known for things like commodities, like white t-shirts, but who knows if that even translates to the higher end market that most of us deal with.

Incidentally, I would have thought that most people bid on auctions while at work, not on weekends. SF B&S traffic, for example, is up on weekends during business hours, and slow on weekends.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I decided to go through with it, and I am very glad that I did. Right now I am sitting at 75% of my items already having a bid and its around the time that I would start my 7 day auction. I am pretty sure I ll be sticking with this process
satisfied.gif

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have the watch linked in my sig posted on ebay and I think it should do well. It's got a good amount of bids, about 60 watchers and still a week left. The only thing I'm concerned about is that i ends on Easter Sunday. Does that create a problem for any of you as buyers?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
I agree. I have the watch linked in my sig posted on ebay and I think it should do well. It's got a good amount of bids, about 60 watchers and still a week left. The only thing I'm concerned about is that i ends on Easter Sunday. Does that create a problem for any of you as buyers?

Last year Xmas day and NY's day were both Sundays. I had auctions ending both days as normal, and they ended with just about the same amount of bids as non-holidays. However there was an increase of buyer emails saying "I missed bidding on it, will you let me know if the winner does not pay...".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads