$10,000 Louis Vuitton Shoes....? $45,000 Kiton Jacket...?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Feb 26, 2010.

1. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

I wonder how they get their skins. I already know the shoe is mostly hand made. It is also checked for even the slightest imperfections in the skin. I wonder if these gators are farmed. That has to be taken into consideration for cost as well

2. insomb

insomb Senior member

3. Bellison

Bellison Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Man those are suhaweet.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Nice shoes, but way too dainty and dandy for me.

You and fritzl would get along.

6. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

It's about goddamn time LV offered up a decent shoe.

I was ready to pull the trigger, until I noticed they were black shoes.

Is it me or is there always an even rarer wool right around the corner? So far there's escorial, jemala, and vicuna...pretty soon the is will be the wool from scrotum sacks of magical goats.

This would be great for the area rug in bedroom, it would complement my Pegasus down pillow and my Unicorn shoehorn.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

isn't guanaco = batshit? [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

isn't guanaco = batshit? [​IMG]
    You mean guano. Which is what my next bespoke commission will be crafted from. Once dried in the hills, and woven by virgin nuns. Thanks for the idea Harv!!

9. oaw01

oaw01 Senior member

Damn, I just called the LV store in Vegas for a pair. I even gave them my credit card number and then I found out it was blake stitched - wtf.. Goodyear welt fucker -

10. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

As an aside, my step mother told me about a gem of a garment she owns. Apprently, she used to work in the garment industry and someone gave her a 100% vicuña blazer about 15 years ago. [​IMG] I mentioned that she could get a very pretty penny for the garment, just for the fabric alone. I'll prod her along to get it appraised. I'm secretly hoping that it's very large and I can use the fabric to make a blazer for myself.

11. SpooPoker

As an aside, my step mother told me about a gem of a garment she owns. Apprently, she used to work in the garment industry and someone gave her a 100% vicuña blazer about 15 years ago. [​IMG] I mentioned that she could get a very pretty penny for the garment, just for the fabric alone. I'll prod her along to get it appraised. I'm secretly hoping that it's very large and I can use the fabric to make a blazer for myself.

Dude, havent you heard? Guanaco is the way to go now. Vicuna is SO 5 minutes ago. [​IMG]

12. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Dude, havent you heard? Guanaco is the way to go now. Vicuna is SO 5 minutes ago. [​IMG]

Dammit, when will I ever be a fashonista?

13. SpooPoker

As an aside, my step mother told me about a gem of a garment she owns. Apprently, she used to work in the garment industry and someone gave her a 100% vicuña blazer about 15 years ago. [​IMG] I mentioned that she could get a very pretty penny for the garment, just for the fabric alone. I'll prod her along to have me list it on eBay for a commission. I'm secretly hoping that it's very large and I can use the fabric to make a blazer for myself.

When you act upon the quote I fixed for you above. [​IMG]

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

When you act upon the quote I fixed for you above. [​IMG]

I forgot to mention, it was my stepmom's deceased husband's jacket that she may give to me. I wonder what it's worth. I think I'll sell it. She said she wants to go on a vacation so may sell it herself.

15. SpooPoker

Ive seen a NWT Brioni 100% vicuna jacket sell for almost 4k, and Ive seen a vintage 70s vicuna 3/4 jacket sell for $400.... theres a pretty broad spectrum there.