1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

1 week after owning my first Mac in a decade

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by SField, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Wait, so the "mouse-based" vs. "keyboard-based" argument was for real? Or am I just the only one not getting this elaborate trolling scheme?

It was a nice way of me saying that if you are prefer to use a keyboard, Macs are inferior. If you are a point-and-click person, they are better. They also crash less. The end.

2. haganah

haganah Senior member

funny how there are android pads and windows pads hitting the market now and even microsoft is rushing to get theirs out by January, and people still think that there is no use/demand for something like an ipad. and by funny, i mean retarded.

3. MetroStyles

funny how there are android pads and windows pads hitting the market now and even microsoft is rushing to get theirs out by January, and people still think that there is no use/demand for something like an ipad. and by funny, i mean retarded.

Oh there is certainly demand. It is a retarded product. Kind of how Hanson was retarded as a musical artist, and the snuggie is retarded as a warming mechanism.

Retarded and popular are not correlated.

4. haganah

haganah Senior member

Oh there is certainly demand. It is a retarded product. Kind of how Hanson was retarded as a musical artist, and the snuggie is retarded as a warming mechanism.

Retarded and popular are not correlated.

Listen chachi, I'm not sure about your popularity but you're pretty retarded.

5. MetroStyles

Listen chachi, I'm not sure about your popularity but you're pretty retarded.

No argument here.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Apple should use that..." iPad, the MetroStyles of electronics"

7. MetroStyles

Apple should use that..." iPad, the MetroStyles of electronics"

Not nearly as entertaining or girthy.

8. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Not nearly as entertaining or girthy.

Better looking though [​IMG]

9. MetroStyles

Better looking though [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. MrKaizen

MrKaizen Well-Known Member

Want a large screen to work with video and multiple documents. As you can see I also have a laptop (Macbook pro) coming in two days.

Since I do a lot of work at home, why would I want to be working on some tiny little laptop when I can work on a huge screen with very little clutter? I don't enjoy working on Laptops at all. I'm only buying another one so that I have something for when I travel. But I think that if you tend to use the computer in the same location most of the time, you get a better deal going with a good desktop.

I quite agree. I am a developer and work on multiple applications at the same time, have a beast desktop with a monitors wall (3 x 21" lcd monitors).

It's impossible to work as developer or graphic developer with a only a laptop.
    I use laptop for travels or when working on simple tasks.

For us geeks power desktops ruled, rule and will ever rule.

11. binge

binge Senior member

It's impossible to work as developer or graphic developer with a only a laptop.

I do all the time.