• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'07 Maserati Gran Turismo

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dormouse

Reaction score
There are certain elements that I like, but again, the current staff at Pinninfarina is rather lackluster. They've abandoned the subdued form in favor of cluttered and thoughtless constructions with distracting lines and ornaments. They lack character, essentially. One would mistake this car for one of those hideous Mitsubishis from the rear.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's okay looking, nothing spectecular. The back reminds me of the Merc SL.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It's okay looking, nothing spectecular. The back reminds me of the Merc SL.
To me it looks more like the Peugeot 406 Coupe.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think the front looks slightly like the new Jaguar XK.

I still like the current Maserati design better
smile.gif

JB

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Upon seeing the titular Maserati firm, one is reminded of the ubiquitous uncle whom everyone loved. Indeed, this uncle was large on mistresses and large on Italianate convertibles whereupon he owned several Maseratis in the mid '60s decades of our Lord.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like an Acura from the side view

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Upon seeing the titular Maserati firm, one is reminded of the ubiquitous uncle whom everyone loved. Indeed, this uncle was large on mistresses and large on Italianate convertibles whereupon he owned several Maseratis in the mid '60s decades of our Lord.

You're weird.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
To me it looks more like the Peugeot 406 Coupe.

The 406 Coupe was a much, much prettier design. It doesn't translate that well in 2D, but in person it's extraordinarily elegant. Probably Pininfarina's best work since the Honda CRX. OK, the F355/F360 weren't bad either.
smile.gif

This Maser's wings make it look like a 2+2 remix of an early 1980s C3 Corvette to me. With an interior out of a Mercedes ca. 1997. Better made, I'm sure, but a far cry from the heaping pleats of gorgeous leather in the old Biturbos.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I love it..sans the rims.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KidCharlemagne
You're weird.
One is prompted to enquire whether the name reflects a descendant of some Carolingian entity or merely that one possesses the Germanic fortitutde?

Dormouse

Reaction score

The recent interpretation of the original Birdcage, on the other hand, is a model of grace and fluidity. Which simply means that Pinninfarina isn't entirely bereft of talent. And also that Italian designers no longer rule the roost.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is the suggest MSRP on this? $150K?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the roofline looks MUCH better than previous Maserati coupes. I've always thought they've had a very awkward looking bubble top but this one flows much better. I do dislike the wheels, but I also dislike the current model's wheels so they cancel each other out.

alexei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I actually think the front looks slightly like the new Jaguar XK.
Really? The front of the XK looks like a catfish to me. Vomitous.
plain.gif

The Maserati, on the other hand, is sexy in a subtle way - not like the flashy, futuristic supercars people are trying to make (read Gallardo, etc.).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads